What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Qualifier: Australia vs Japan

Big Sam

First Grade
8pm tonight, Suncorp. Live Fox Sports.

Socceroos biggest game of the year and the biggest game anywhere in the world in June outside of Euro. Should be close to a sellout if not already, and an estimated 500 million will watch the match throughout Asia.

From what I've heard, the pitch is pretty crappy after being cut up by the RU Test. That's not necessarily a bad thing given the way both teams play. Japan do all their good work along the ground. So I think we definitely need to start Timmy and Kennedy to take advantage of our aerial superiority. Kewell needs to be dropped, and so too does North because Shinji will tear him to shreds. Honda's also gonna give Valeri/Jedinak and Og and Luca$h nightmares all night.

Given the way Japan's playing, I'll be happy with a point.

WireMan

Bench
Won't be watching but i would appreciate a review of how and where Kagawa plays.

Just for future reference.

Anyways, good luck. You won't win on the ground, so play the big boys and Stoke 'em!!

Cammo

Bench
Certainly not a sellout, but an exciting game early, both teams playing attacking football

skeepe

Immortal
Well that was a bullshit send off. Barely even a free kick and he gets a second booking?

Danish

Referee
Looks like we need to win he rest of our games if we are to qualify now assuming we lose this.

Bullshit send off but we had about a million chances in the first half to build a lead so that it wouldn't matter.

Danish

Referee
PENALTY AND WE CONVERT!!!

Trust as soon as I get all cynical we even up straight away :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
I guess the ref felt guilty about the send off. How many times a game do we see that?

skeepe

Immortal
Great game. Bit of an anti-climax with full time being called when it was, but that's Japan's fault for taking so damn long with their free kicks.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
that was the worst ref ive seen in years, calls time on the game when the opp have a freekick.... what a nutter

lolesi

First Grade
Lost count of how many times Valeri lost the ball or passed it to 1)no one, 2)Japan..

He was woeful!

And that is why football is the greatest sport.

Australia v Japan is the second best rivalry in Australian national sport second only to the Ashes.

Big Sam

First Grade
And that is why football is the greatest sport.

Australia v Japan is the second best rivalry in Australian national sport second only to the Ashes.

Could not have said it better. Was a magical game.

Quite clear after tonight that we are the two best teams in this group and probably in Asia.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It was a great game, very entertaining.

Australia did much better than I expected given their form coming in. I still remain concerned at some of Osieck's selections, though. Replacing Bresciano with Milligan was utterly f**king ridiculous.

yeah

so whats the deal with kennedy?

plays in japan. plays well against japan.

dosnt play last night....

is he injured?

anyway. great game. crazy reffereeing. i cant believe we got that penalty.