What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Sharks

Frenzy.

Immortal
Saw a photo of Talakai in the Tonga kit. No surgery?
Maybe not. Although the time between Sharks last game and Tonga's first game is just short of 6 weeks. If he had something minor and not a AC joint reco or something as big he could be back on the field by Oct 25th, Tonga's second game. Also AC joint injury can do well with a lot of rest and rehab which he would have had.

Also, saw on one website BHU has been named in both NZ and Toa Samoa squads. Dunno how or if that can happen but it was only Xerotackle

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ex Shark from 2013, Gigot, is in the Frenchies squad.
This is not an attempt to bring Non-Sharks players into the thread.
I just saw Gigot play his games for the Sharks and hoped he'd kick on.
It's for Rugby XIII sake.

I'm looking forward to it and see some of the blokes going around in the second tier nation teams especially.

I'm looking forward to it and see some of the blokes going around in the second tier nation teams especially.
Me as well. Tis the only reason I have kept Kayo going! haha
Speaking of which, I have it on now, Manly just kicked a field goal in the '78 GF replay.... and the game ends, still hurts

Craigshark

First Grade
Maybe not. Although the time between Sharks last game and Tonga's first game is just short of 6 weeks. If he had something minor and not a AC joint reco or something as big he could be back on the field by Oct 25th, Tonga's second game. Also AC joint injury can do well with a lot of rest and rehab which he would have had.

Also, saw on one website BHU has been named in both NZ and Toa Samoa squads. Dunno how or if that can happen but it was only Xerotackle

looks like Uele has chosen Samoa from his Instagram story

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dally M and Churchill medal winners only make the reserves.

Cows get more players in than Penrith

Jake Trbojevic? He must be in as the butt of the jokes.

1664760613210.png

I've been following Tonga since they've come of age. I will continue to do so.
That Kangaroo squad looks decidedly short on hard front rowers.
I think the Kiwis will win the Cup.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I've been following Tonga since they've come of age. I will continue to do so.
That Kangaroo squad looks decidedly short on hard front rowers.
I think the Kiwis will win the Cup.

I'll be interested in the Samoan team as I would be eligible to play for them these days. Too bad there are so many gangbangers in the side

I'll be interested in the Samoan team as I would be eligible to play for them these days. Too bad there are so many gangbangers in the side
Yeah they look like they will be giving things a shake up this time around.
How long before Tonga and Samoa become rated as first tier nations in Rugby League ya reckon?
If they go well in this Cup it will have to change.

Quicksilver

Bench
How long before Tonga and Samoa become rated as first tier nations in Rugby League ya reckon?

I don't know much about the English, but I would have thought both these teams would be equal to them at the very least.

Frenzy.

Immortal

If there were more international tournies I'd say within 5 years but as their exposure will likely stay sparse in my opinion I'd say a minimum of 10 years

Unless they bring in a Pacific Nation of Origin series.

Fiji needs a boost

shaggs

Coach
Why couldn’t they do a 3 game series

Year 1
tonga vs samoa
Fiji vs png

year 2
Tonga vs fiji
Samoa cs png

and so on and so forth

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I’d say there has never been a team come 2nd not have a single aus rep player. We are a long way off