What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Squads

taste2taste

Juniors
Seems every time I open the news another player is pulling out of the World Cup, so far Ponga, Haas, Shulster, Sims, Siafiti, Pangia Jnr, Utoikamanu

Can you imagine the same happening in Rugby ? A player pulling out of the Wallabies world cup squad so they could concentrate on the upcoming season for the Tah's :D

Gobsmacked

Bench
Seems every time I open the news another player is pulling out of the World Cup, so far Ponga, Haas, Shulster, Sims, Siafiti, Pangia Jnr, Utoikamanu

Can you imagine the same happening in Rugby ? A player pulling out of the Wallabies world cup squad so they could concentrate on the upcoming season for the Tah's :D
That's because Rugby Union only really has internationals. That's the only reason they play that stupid game.
RTS is possibly going to the Roosters because he's not getting enough game time for the All blacks.

The NRL is the biggest Rugby competition in the pacific.
Worth getting your shxt together for 😉

jim_57

Staff member
Wow, crazy number of Samoans and Kiwis (take that Tonga). One of those Samoans is a former Junior Kiwi captain and has played for the Maori All Stars (TBF he has tried to play for every team possible).

6 Fijian internationals in the squads as well, 5 should play on the day. RCG and Koroisau might be in the green and gold for the World Cup though.

MKCS

Juniors

Yeah, it's quite unfortunate. I remember back in the day the players would do it for City Vs Country (A concept which I enjoyed) and now it's the internationals. As much as I love State Of Origin it's a shame that it's the pinnacle of representative rugby league.

Let down for the fans also, they aren't seeing the world's best players simply because they want to focus on getting the Knights into the 8. Embarrassing.

Clarkent

Juniors
" every time they play Samoa " ?
When was the last time they played ?🤣
Your one of those guys aye 🤦‍♂️😂 Four nations against England they targeted Tim Simona with high kicks and scored 2 or 3 tries in that game. 2017 against England we had Milford at the back and we had the same problem. Samoa has always lacked a fullback that's unreliable with the high kicks.

Iamback

Coach

It was always going to happen, Haas case especially there is more to life than footy

Stinkfinger

Juniors
By the looks of the that team if Samoa's forwards gives the halves good ball. That star studded backline will be there weapon against England. Especially with Suaali'i at fullback.
I'd have Crichton at fullback, although it has been suggested that playing fullback was a condition on Suaalii becoming available. Sounds like something this young fellow and his handlers would do.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Their loss. Its a rare opportunity to play in a world cup and at the end of his career it wont be the off seasons prep they remember, it will be playing at famous grounds for their country.

Green_

Juniors

Gobsmacked

Bench
Your one of those guys aye 🤦‍♂️😂 Four nations against England they targeted Tim Simona with high kicks and scored 2 or 3 tries in that game. 2017 against England we had Milford at the back and we had the same problem. Samoa has always lacked a fullback that's unreliable with the high kicks.
It was funny though. They've played each other once in 8 years.
I don't know much about the English team but they're always solid and have passion for their jersey. The last time they played was 5 years ago, so we don't have any practical form for either side.

jim_57

Staff member
Lebanon - Jalal Bazzaz (Wests Illawarra), Adam Doueihi (Wests Tigers), Hanna El-Nachar (Penrith Panthers), Toufic El-Hajj (American University of Beirut), Elie El-Zakhem (Parramatta Eels), Atef Hamdan (Wolves, Lebanon), Kayne Kalache (Newtown Jets), Andrew Kazzi (Western Suburbs Magpies), Jacob Kiraz (Canterbury Bulldogs), Bilaal Maarbani (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Anthony Layoun (St Marys Saints), Josh Mansour (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Josh Maree (Wentworthville United), Tony Maroun (Ryde-Eastwood Hawks), Abbas Miski (Wigan Warriors), Brandon Morkos (Canberra Raiders), Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels), Jaxson Rahme (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Khalil Rahme (Mt Pritchard Mounties), Khaled Rajab (Canterbury Bulldogs), Reece Robinson (unattached), James Roumanos (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Mikey Tannous (Wests Tigers), Charbel Tasipale (Newtown Jets)

Lebanon look pretty good, Scotland and Jamaica weaker than expected.

I’ve updated original post with all the final squads announced. 6 named, 10 TBC.

England87

Juniors
The key is the halfs. Take Moses and Douehi out of that 17 and on paper they are no better than Wales, Jamaica etc. I am surprised Chieka got the time off from the Pumas tbh. I hope they go well.

MKCS

Juniors
Some good experience in that Lebanon side, Mitch Moses is a huge in for them but plenty of experience with Mansour, Robinson and Douhei also. Kiraz has played a few NRL games which should help

How do Roumanos, Miski and El-Zakhem go? I see Miski has played a handful of NRL games and Super League games...

England87

Juniors
Ireland team named. 1-13 looks solid but the rest of the squad look pretty thin. They should make the quarters.

England87

Juniors
FB Richie Myler
WG Innes Senior
CE Toby King
CE Ed Chamberlain
WG Louis Senior
SO Joe Keyes
SH Luke Keary
LF George King
SR Frankie Halton
SR James Bentley
PR Jaimin Jolliffe
HK Josh Cook
PR Liam Byrne

And then it gets pretty dire tbh.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Tony Gigot is one of the most rocks and diamonds halfs in the world. Kicks more 40/20's than anyone in SL or NRL and can be Cody Walker like on his day. If you guys underestimate France (and you will) they could absolutely take you into the 70th minute. Set your alarm clock. I think France have more than a chance.
Honestly I’ve heard it all lol France will get pumped by 50, the northern hemisphere is light years behind the southern.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
FB Richie Myler
WG Innes Senior
CE Toby King
CE Ed Chamberlain
WG Louis Senior
SO Joe Keyes
SH Luke Keary
LF George King
SR Frankie Halton
SR James Bentley
PR Jaimin Jolliffe
HK Josh Cook
PR Liam Byrne

And then it gets pretty dire tbh.
What about Harry rushton ?

I’m really disappointed other nrl players who could have put there hands up didn’t .

Latest posts