What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Series - New York Yankees vs Florida Marlins

Anonymous

Juniors
Was a pretty good game in the end.

I'm finding it hard to care, I share a mutual dislike for both teams.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Timbo said:
Was a pretty good game in the end.

I'm finding it hard to care, I share a mutual dislike for both teams.

I don't particulary like either myself but I'd prefer the Marlins to win it.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Yankees fan for 12 years<----------- I watched the game live ON Fox grrrr Marlins damnit. Jeter will star in game 2. Yankees to win 7-2.

John_Travolta

Juniors
I predicted them to beat the Marlins 4-1 in the series and i`m sticking to it too. Pitty my fav Pitcher got beat first up tho Big bad David "Boomer" Wells :roll: :lol: :cry: but yeah Yankees are about to explode ;-)

bucko

Juniors
Well I am not the biggest baseball follower, so with that mentality I'll go with the marlins, who I'm assuming are underdogs.

alive103

Juniors
Yankees 4-2.

The never say die attitude in the club will get them home.

Get rid of Soriano. He is the worst batter I have ever seen at the Yanks. 1 for 9 in the last two games. Struck out 5 times in the ALCS Game 7. Come on Torre, sack Soriano.

John_Travolta

Juniors
sweep??? lmao, not going tpo happen, 100th Ann of the World Series, yankees deserve to win the 100th! its just fitting haha, and it`ll happen. Bucko i`m right there with ya mate as a fan hehe. alive, mate how can you say get rid of Alfonso Soriano????? no way mate he`s the best 2nd baseman going around ;)

Troy

alive103

Juniors
John_Travolta said:
sweep??? lmao, not going tpo happen, 100th Ann of the World Series, yankees deserve to win the 100th! its just fitting haha, and it`ll happen. Bucko i`m right there with ya mate as a fan hehe. alive, mate how can you say get rid of Alfonso Soriano????? no way mate he`s the best 2nd baseman going around ;)

Troy

He is leaving way too many batters on for a major leaguer and has been doing consistently for the entire post season. He gets out looking too much. He struck out with bases loaded in Game 7 to end the inning. He needed to at least get bat on ball.

alive103

Juniors
Hideki Matsui's three-run homer to center field in the first inning was followed three frames later by Alfonso Soriano's first jack of the postseason, a two-run shot to left. Andy Pettitte faced the minimum amount of Marlins through four innings as the Yankees look to even the World Series at a game apiece.

Like Emile Heskey before him, Soriano performs best after a spray from me. Spoke too soon JT!

Bengal

Juniors
As a long suffering Indians supporter, whose team has been beaten in the World Series by both of these outfits I'm not at all impressed with these two sides.

Still I'll go for the lesser of two evils - go the Yankees!

Hey Timbo are you a Indians fan?

If so can you answer this question for me:

How does a one-time perennial post season performer go from top of the heap to jokes in such a short period of time?

John_Travolta

Juniors
lmfao @ Emile Heskey mate, i`m Liverpool fan he`s a doofball I hate him, Alf Soriano is great I say, sure he strikes out I`ll admit that but he goes down swinging usually!!!

Troy

Bengal said:
As a long suffering Indians supporter, whose team has been beaten in the World Series by both of these outfits I'm not at all impressed with these two sides.

The Yankees could never beat the Indians in the WS, because they are both American League teams.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Finally the Marlins win it in the 12th tieing the series up at 2-2. I thought they were going to choke after the Yankees tied the game up in the 9th after th Marlins had lead from the 1st innings.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Yeah yeah, lol I really did think though that the Marlins were gunna go down bigtime in the 9th when we scored the tying runs.......GRRRRR who`d have thought though ay it`ed go into that many extra innings. Yankees will win game 5, take it back to the BRONX AND MURDER THEM.

Troy

Anonymous

Juniors
Bengal said:

Still I'll go for the lesser of two evils - go the Yankees!

Hey Timbo are you a Indians fan?

If so can you answer this question for me:

How does a one-time perennial post season performer go from top of the heap to jokes in such a short period of time?

My God I wish I knew.

My only thought is that they went from being bad to good fast, and back again so that their bad now. Hopefully, they'll be good again before long.