What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Series Tips?

John_Travolta

Juniors
Sammy Sosa? lol, their pitching is beating the marlins as we speak 2-1 Kerry Woods is pitching a GEM, Mark Prior could take them with Woods wo the bigone, I hate to say it but Yankees may not be there, I`ve been a massive Yankees fan since I was 5 lol.

Troy

Tidus_Raider

Bench
so lets all forget about scoring runs and concentrate on pitching. It was sosa who tied the game the other night and almost stole it off the marlins.

Anonymous

Juniors
John_Travolta said:
Sammy Sosa? lol, their pitching is beating the marlins as we speak 2-1 Kerry Woods is pitching a GEM, Mark Prior could take them with Woods wo the bigone, I hate to say it but Yankees may not be there, I`ve been a massive Yankees fan since I was 5 lol.

Troy

Yankees fan ay? Having seen the movie 'Major League' one too many times as a toddler, I am burdened to go through life a Cleveland fan.

Try as I might I can't see Boston beating the Yankees. I think the Yankees will be just to good in the end.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Tidus_Raider, how about reading posts FULLY AND PROPERLY, before shooting your mouth off????, whos said forget about HITTING, NO ONE...NOT ME. Paranoid, i`m quite aware of Sammy Sosa`s abilities, and what he`s done all year long during regular season and post season playoffs......Im a massive MLB fan.

Troy

I'd like to see the Red Sox and Cubbies in the WS, the 2 teams who have gone the longest without winning a championship.

Did anyone see highlights of the Boston vs. Yankees game today?

That was fricking insane!

PEdro Martinez drilled a Yankees player in the shoulder, and later he pointed to his head saying that "I wanted to hit you in the head". The next half inning, Roger Clemens pitched to Manny Ramirez who took offence to an inside pitch, and the benches cleared. While this was going on, a 72 year old coach from the Yankees charged Pedro and went to take a swing at him, and Pedro swung him to the ground like a sack of potatoes! :lol: I can't help but laugh because if an old man is stupid enough to charge Pedro, then you get what you deserve.

If this wasn't bad enough, later on in the game a Boston field attendant was teasing a Yankees pitcher in the bullpen, and they got into a fight. Then a Yankees player (the same one who was hit by Pedro earlier on, I can't remember his name) jumped the fence and punched the guy, and screwed up his hand in the process. Apparently both players could be facing criminal charges.

Only in America. :lol:

72 year old coach Don Zimmer made a tearful apology today for his actions, saying he was sorry to have embarassed the game. Zimmer is a lovable figure who has been in the game forever. He was actually manager of the Red Sox many years ago - perhaps it was in 1975 when they lost a classic Series to the Reds. I recall reading that he has a metal plate in his head, I think it's from a beanball incident during his playing days in the 50s. Maybe that's why he was so angry at Pedro.

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/ballplayers/Z/Zimmer_Don.stm

Latest posts