What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World XIII

hutch

First Grade
whats yours? (or world 17)

1 - billy slater (aus)
2 - david mead (png)
3 - greg inglis (aus)
4 - justin hodges (aus)
5 - jarryd hayne (aus)
6 - benji marshall (nz)
7 - jonathan thurston (aus)
8 - james graham (eng)
9 - cameron smith (aus)
10- fui fui moi moi (nz)
11- gareth ellis (eng)
12- adam blair (nz)
13- sam burgess (eng)

14- petro civonaceva (aus)
15- jamie peacock (eng)
16- anthony watmough (aus)
17- isaac luke (nz)

bench spots are hardest to choose i think. not too sure about luke, cant stand the pr*ck but has had a good year.

typicalfan

Coach
needs more Israel Folau...and Price over Peacock. Apart from that I think it is a good group.

hutch

First Grade
Not enough Gallen.

The final will prove this.

i rate gallen as the best lock in the world, just in front of jeremy smith (who has been injured and missed a lot of test footy this year), he needs another big game in a tight, hard fought test match to force his way into the team. ive based my team on test matches this year primarily, with club footy also contibuting, and it is also to leave out reputation oer the years. couldnt leave hayne out, but slater deserves the fullback spot. hodges is there because of his class and lack of another standout centre. its not an easy team to pick, everyone will have their own ideas!

hutch

First Grade
mead? good young player but far from world XIII

had an amazing pacific cup, and israel, tuaki and manu vatuvai are all injured and have missed the end of season tests. there arent too many other options.

Chook Norris

First Grade
had an amazing pacific cup, and israel, tuaki and manu vatuvai are all injured and have missed the end of season tests. there arent too many other options.

Brett Morris easily over Mead, who i do rate quite highly though

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Going off 4Nations matches only. The following players in their positions stood out.

1. Slater (Aus)
2. Perret (NZ)
3. Inglis (Aus)
4. Sau (NZ)
5. Pelo (Fra)
6. Lockyer (Aus)
7. Eastmond (Eng)
8. Moi Moi (NZ)
9. Smith (Aus)
10. Civinoceva (Aus)
11. Ellis (Eng)
12. Burgess (Eng)
13. Blair (NZ)

I didnt do a bench because its the World XIII not the World XVII. If there was a bench, Crabtree would have found his place there, as would of Kane Bently (the french Hooker?)

ozbash

Referee
1. Slater (Aus)
2. Perret (NZ)
3. Inglis (Aus)
4. Sau (NZ)
5. Pelo (Fra)
6. Lockyer (Aus)
7. Eastmond (Eng)
8. Moi Moi (NZ)
9. Smith (Aus)
10. Civinoceva (Aus)
11. Ellis (Eng)
12. Burgess (Eng)
13. Blair (NZ)

I'd have that pommy #6 in instead of Lockyer or Benji. Agree with the rest though.

broncos70

Juniors
benji owned heather? your joking mate..lockyer dominated 70 mins of the game until nz ran away with it in the last 10 mins and marshall happened to score the try slater screwed up in..lockyer was by far the best player on the field in both teams but blair should've got it because he was NZs best and nz won..

watatank

Coach
at full strength the only spots that could quite possibly be open to nations other than australia is the back row and a couple of bench spots and even then Australia is strong.

if you want to recognise other nations efforts then i think a better idea would be to nominate a rest of the world team.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
AHEM!

So MoiMoi, Vatuvei, Tuiaki, Asotasi if fit and playing well could not make a World XIII because of Australian full strength?

Whilst I clearly concede Australia is the better team, and has been for a very long time, Australian fans have to start admitting Kiwi forwards have been regularly rattling you for the last 7 years. I have watched the Kiwis lose by thirty points and absolutely blitz your forwards. Your strengths have been your superior hookers, halves, centres and fullback. So do not try and tell me NZ props and wingers are not world class!

Latest posts