What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World's best player? You can count on it

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Despite doing sfa for 80% of the season.

watch many roosters games ink? doesnt appear that way.
Mini has had his best yr in 05, regardless of where his team finished on the ladder

The Devil

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Umm the majority of australian public, including the players themselves do... not to mention the word "Socceroo" is plastered all over most of the merchandise... so i ask again, who the f**k are the "Footballroos"?

meh

Socceroos then.. whatever

innsaneink

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
watch many roosters games ink? doesnt appear that way.
Mini has had his best yr in 05, regardless of where his team finished on the ladder

Yeah, I watched just about all of them.

I think he was fairly average for most of the year, compared t his usual standard which is high.

Tupou_Torpedo

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Yeah, I watched just about all of them.

I think he was fairly average for most of the year, compared t his usual standard which is high.

Some people will say anything to support their argument. he wont his award, because he was great at all 3 levels, and yes he is clearly the best Fullback in the game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mini had a down season IMO, relatively quite by his stands
thats not a shot at him because even with that he was one of the most consistant players in the comp, the quality of his down season speaks volumes of his class as a player

Raider_69

Post Whore
melon.... said:
Bottom line....hes better than Ragdoll

indeed but not by nearly as much as you and your fellow roosters like to think, deadset pubic hair in it IMO

innsaneink

Referee
Tupou_Torpedo said:
Some people will say anything to support their argument. he wont his award, because he was great at all 3 levels, and yes he is clearly the best Fullback in the game.

As opposed to some people that CANT say a thing factual or correct to support their argument... they only mention innacuracies and mistakes.

BTW he won his award for one level of footy, not all three......try and get something right for once huh?

Tupou_Torpedo said:
Some people will say anything to support their argument
:lol::roll:
Tupou_Torpedo said:
and yes he is clearly the best Fullback in the game.
Yep....thats telling me.
:lol:

Fools of the week award goes to these two clown - one player doesn't make a team - but then again maybe they do - and who do you think won West's grand final?? Name the player -?? I thought it was a team effort

of course it was but look at the roosters side compared to the tigers u think Minnichello would shine with all the aussie/nz reps in your side u guys have a huge forward pack yet seems weird Hodgson is wests tigers best player yet people say hes crap hes the most consistsant fullback there is and u wont see him throw a forward pass when its a 3 on 1 like Minni did against the tigers this year

Hodgson out played Minni in 2 games this year but i guess he still sucks cause hes not a rooster

btw newcastle are pretty much a 1 man team look what Johns did when he returned

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
innsaneink said:
Despite doing sfa for 80% of the season.

One of the best fullbacks in the NRL in 2005, and his team's best player
Best player in State of Origin (arguably)
Best international player (probably)

A fair enough selection.

Balmain_Boy

Not saying it has anything to do with Minichello, but the Roosters pack IS a big one. Crocker, Fitzgibbon, Morley, Tupou, Cayless, Ricketson, Hannant are ALL over 100 kilos. It might not be a huge pack, but I wouldn't be stunned at someone calling it a big pack.

sasquatch

Juniors
Hodgson scored 15 tries, 1 more than Minichiello
Hodgson made 140 tackles compared to Mini's 116
Hodgson kicked 25 times compared to Mini's 14, highlighting Hodgo's greater involvement
Hodgson assisted with 10 tries this year, compared to Mini's 6
Hodgson made 34 line breaks compared to Mini's 18
Despite making less hitups than Mini, Hodgson made 3740m compared to Mini's 3706m
Hodgo made 59 dumy half runs compared to Mini's 45
Hodgson has a lower error count than Mini

And despite being the Fullback of the Year, smashing the point scoring record in a finals series, being the leading NRL point scorer, breaking many scoring records and taking his team to a premiership, Brett Hodgson is not as good as Minichiello.

There you go, the facts speak for themselves.

532187219ck.jpg