What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worrying News from Wales

These situations usually sort themselves out. But often only because the club's owners do what it takes. Whether an owner that doesn't really care about RL will do the same in Wrexham is another matter. I still doubt the club will go under but if it does or even if it has to move again or drop down to the championship I'd say this puts an even greater stress on next year's Four Nations. Wales is already going to be the PNG of 2011 with results likely to be similar. Without the Crusaders in SL I don't think Wales will be able to effectively compete in the tournament. They'll lose a lot of their players and most of the potential crowds, especially in Wrexham. It would be another embarrassment for IRL all-round and another tournament marred by the same negative press. Basically we just have to hope the Crusaders survive as they are.

I am not sure why the governing body is not all over this.

If you applied a corporate approach to the clubs they would need to provide management accounts on a monthly basis so that any issues could be picked up on.

This has tarnished all the good work done so far & players are likely to leave if they can not be guaranteed their entitlements.

Unless they have a weathly benefactor like Wakefied then I can not see them surviving:(

RedVee

First Grade
FFS no!

C'mon RLF keep a team in Nth Wales, don't let te good work done to date wither. If the Crusaders can't be saved maybe it'll be the Wrexham Harliquins?

nadera78

Juniors
I think this is mostly to do with the state the club was in when Wrexham FC took over. The chairman said a few months ago that the debts they'd inherited were a lot worse than they'd originally been told.

I'm 99% certain this will be sorted out.

Latest posts