What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Footy Ideas ever...

mepelthwack

Juniors
1. Golden Point in regular season matches

2. Scrapping of world 7's

3. The inability of video-ref to rule on obvious forward passes

Inferno

Coach
fans watch a game see a result, i think scrapping GP altogether would be a real disappointment

GP after all is pretty exciting

A draw is a result ffs.

Never liked GP.

I think the Sharks have been in the most as well with 9, 4 wins 5 losses.

Knightmare

Coach
:lol:
What a f**king moronic comment, you've come out with a fair few in your time Knightmare, but that takes the cake

RL in this country is ruined! :lol::lol:

That's right, because this year the game is celebrating it's 90th year in existence, isn't it?

Tell me, how many years had League existed in 1997? And why not then tell us all how great League was going in that year, with its' record breaking crowds, media exposure, TV ratings and whatnot. Hell, it was going so well that they even had two competitions running in the same time :p

Red Bear

Referee
no one showed up to watch the reds no one was interested.....

the bears had no money.... and chose to merg....
The club voted against a merger actually. Then the administrator walked in and merged us.

and apparently our league club had 10 mil for us but were confident we wouldnt get excluded so didnt use it. Which IF TRUE (cos i havent seen that confirmed someone else with greater knowledge could confirm it) would be rediculous.

but even before the money touble we got treated like sh*t by the nrl

Parra

Referee
It's not even going to be a day grand final now - it's more like late afternoon !

In Gallops world, everything is a compromise. He is a lawyer remember.

So everything we get is half-arsed.

What lawyers never seem to realise that often in a compromise no-one is pleased. Everyone feels ripped off. This is a good example. Some television people wanted a night match, everyone else wanted an afternoon match.

Gallops compromise is a twilight game - something that nobody ever asked for.

Perth Red

Post Whore
no one showed up to watch the reds no one was interested.....

Apart from the 28,000 crowd they got and the fact they were mid table in attendances (ahead of a number of "established" teams) for their 3 year existence?

Timbo

Staff member
Anything that that idiot Dennis Fitgerald comes up with.

He's had some doozies but getting rid of goalkickers and goalposts has to be the best.

forward pass

Coach
Anything that that idiot Dennis Fitgerald comes up with.

He's had some doozies but getting rid of goalkickers and goalposts has to be the best.

:lol: Dumb suggestion I agree but I actually wouldn't mind if penalty kicks for goal were scrapped. Think about it.

They really halt the momentum of the game and would result in more tries being scored. Not saying there aren't problems associated with it - but something to think about.

brooksy19

Bench
1. Super League
2. Those turds - Ribot & Murdoch and the Bri$bane Brono$$ who tore apart my club, the magpies, souths and also killedoff the bears, thus leaving the C.Coast to be taken by E grade level Soccer.
3. Gutless piece of sh*t clubs like Canterbury, Cronulla, Canberra, Nth Qld, Penrith et al that took the bait from uncle rubert.
4. Super League