What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Footy Ideas ever...

parra pete

Referee
Mr Saab said:
I am a follower because i dare criticise the king of community radio about his wacko idea about the 50k fine system.
If you are sooo upset about the CRL then do something about it.

Follower....baaaaaa ........I am doing something about it. We will introduce a Super Pool of Players into the CRL in July next year which will revitalise the game in struggling bush centres. "Pie in the Sky" according to Terry Quinn CEO of the CRL.
And as for proclaiming me the king of community radio, thanks for the honour. Have you EVER been able to secure similar big names for interview, or are you just jealous of my success. I'm not, I am PROUD of what I have achieved in the game and for my community. When you are part of a small community, as I am, it is beneficial to use your influences. The people of my town got great pleasure from the interviews I was able to obtain. But, if you are a City person, I doubt that you would understand.
Its called Life on the Land but I doubt you'd understand unless live here in the country.
I would rather be an innovator and promoter than a Judas Goat like you.
Take time to smell the flowers Charlie. There is a BIG world out there that doesn't revolve around you and your negativity. Sledging is off me like water off a duck's back.
I know what I know, who I know, and what I can achieve, and your negativity will certainly not put me off.

smeghead

Bench
* Allowing Ken Arthurson near an administration of our game. People say he save RL from SL but in reality he and Quayle created the environment in which it could happen.

* Super League fullstop.

* The handling of mergers. To see the takeover of the Bears and Steelers was a sad thing to see and something the NRL should never have allowed to occur.

* Origin in USA

* Appointing Robert Finch as Reff boss

Misanthrope

Staff member
Allowing Illawarra and North Sydney to bow out of the NRL before sides such as Cronulla, Parramatta, and Canterbury. With all respect to those teams - Norths should never have been cut, and Illawarra represent a league heartland that now goes largely ignored by the team they merged to become.

hutch

First Grade
- scrapping the world 7's - it promoted the game worldwide and introduced new nations to rugby league

- allowing the arl (love and carr) to run the rlif - they just dont care about any country other than australia and to a lesser extent nz and eng. they wouldnt even know that rugby league is now played in more than 30 countries.

- the scrapping of the anzac test from 2009 onwards.

- the demise of the western reds

- not doing enough for png

Mr Saab

Referee
parra pete said:
Follower....baaaaaa ........I am doing something about it. We will introduce a Super Pool of Players into the CRL in July next year which will revitalise the game in struggling bush centres. "Pie in the Sky" according to Terry Quinn CEO of the CRL.
And as for proclaiming me the king of community radio, thanks for the honour. Have you EVER been able to secure similar big names for interview, or are you just jealous of my success. I'm not, I am PROUD of what I have achieved in the game and for my community. When you are part of a small community, as I am, it is beneficial to use your influences. The people of my town got great pleasure from the interviews I was able to obtain. But, if you are a City person, I doubt that you would understand.
Its called Life on the Land but I doubt you'd understand unless live here in the country.
I would rather be an innovator and promoter than a Judas Goat like you.
Take time to smell the flowers Charlie. There is a BIG world out there that doesn't revolve around you and your negativity. Sledging is off me like water off a duck's back.
I know what I know, who I know, and what I can achieve, and your negativity will certainly not put me off.

I seem to have affected you with my supposed "negativity" as you keep replying to me with 400 word retorts.
Ahhhhhhhh the internet forum.

Mr Saab

Referee
Trying to get you to see the light.
Just because you come up with some "fantastic" outside the square idea, doesnt mean it is a good one.
Thinking outside the square is not a fall back for "I am coming up with ideas"....esp if they are absurd.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Misanthrope said:
Allowing Illawarra and North Sydney to bow out of the NRL before sides such as Cronulla, Parramatta, and Canterbury. With all respect to those teams - Norths should never have been cut, and Illawarra represent a league heartland that now goes largely ignored by the team they merged to become.
Care to explain your criteria for dismissing the Eels over Norths?!

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
curious said:
For me the stupid thing ever is the Sunday night time GF.

Idiots at nien think they get more viewers, and dont relise that it is just more TV's on, becuase everyone is sitting at home.
They would have the same amount of viewers, maybe even more on a Sunday arvo, they would just all be looking at the same TV, becuase there would be a party on.
Excellent point.

forward pass

Coach
Misanthrope said:

:lol: :lol: I think you just nominated yourself for worst idea. Norths offered more than eels or Bulldogs - what are you on ?

Canard

Immortal
Wheelsy said:
Correct. It wasn't a SL rule.

The rule in Super League where you could chip it over the top and restart the tackle count.
The 'Downtown' rule.

What?? Its been ten years and my memory aint that great, but I call that as bullsh*t. Happy to be corrected though.

SL introduced the "zero" tackle rule, similiar to as we know it today, except the attacking team also got "zero" if they stopped a "downtown" kick from going out (and avoiding a scrum).

Also SL didnt have to change anything about RL (nobody owns the rights to the rules of the game), but they did because they thought it would enhance their "product". As lame as that sounds, it would be pretty stupid marketing to come out and say this is a WHOLE NEW BALL GAME, and just have the same rules as past years.

People who whinge about rule changing, I dont understand, League is built on evolution, we have always changed the rules to suit the times, 5m to 10m, 6 tackle, less scrums, ingoal bomb catching etc. etc. Thats what makes our game so great, Union is still stuck in 1905.

kav

Juniors
Canard said:
What?? Its been ten years and my memory aint that great, but I call that as bullsh*t. Happy to be corrected though.

SL introduced the "zero" tackle rule, similiar to as we know it today, except the attacking team also got "zero" if they stopped a "downtown" kick from going out (and avoiding a scrum).

Also SL didnt have to change anything about RL (nobody owns the rights to the rules of the game), but they did because they thought it would enhance their "product". As lame as that sounds, it would be pretty stupid marketing to come out and say this is a WHOLE NEW BALL GAME, and just have the same rules as past years.

People who whinge about rule changing, I dont understand, League is built on evolution, we have always changed the rules to suit the times, 5m to 10m, 6 tackle, less scrums, ingoal bomb catching etc. etc. Thats what makes our game so great, Union is still stuck in 1905.

I totally agree. Super League was a shot in the arm for rugby league. It shook it out of it's complacency and introduced new rules, some of which were adopted when the two competitions MERGED. The result was a better product as shown by the progress made since in terms of ratings and spectator support.

Kav

parra pete

Referee
Great idea. But I would hope that he would be better at that than he is being a sideline commentator!!!

Frailty

First Grade
Parra Pete I don't agree with your fine proposal. I think it would place a lot of strain of clubs with less cashflow.

So one side can afford to pay out their players suspension and the other can't. It creates an unbalanced position.

I would like to clarify whether the fine would be paid by the club or the players. If it is the club, the player is not going to feel punishment at all. As it is, the club and NRL has these sorts of fines in place for player indiscretions and coaches bagging referees. Both which have not dropped because of fines.

A better idea to try to refuce charges is suspended pay. They are suspended and lose a percentage of their payment to the CRL or to their local district junior rugby league competition.

This way the higher profile players are punished more as they have the 'role model' tag on them. And what better place to support than the Country and the grassroots.