What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst. Grand Final. Ever.

Swarzey

Bench
They are the quiet achievers of the four of late. Its disappointing that Penrith didn't make it through but it is admirable that these teams can be in the mix over a prolonged period of time, especially Manly and Melbourne who are never out of the 8. Says a lot about the culture, or cheating I guess. Incredibly frustrating though when you follow a team who can't string more than two good games together, I'm sure you'd agree.

Can't disagree with you there :lol:

Penrith surely will be the next team to consistently be up there. They have the youth, the talent and the leadership to do so. Hopefully Manly and/or Storm will drop out of the 8. Would be nice to see something a bit different.

ram raid

Bench
3t5o96.jpg

:lol::lol:

That looks like my kinda party.

nick87

Coach
Souths should win this GF comfortably. It'll be one of the chokes of all time if they balls this up

Lol at those saying last years GF was the worst. Probably the best quality GF in many years.

Unfortunately with the Roosters being robbed of victory over the panthers the best 3 teams ended up on the same side of the draw. South swill win easily. The dogs wouldn't beat them, the chooks or the cows. Just got a lucky draw

Slug

Juniors
For those punters that love to see a heap of tries, this should be the grand final for you.

Souths will score 10.:lol:

Maroon4life

Juniors
Souths will piss this in. At no fault of their own the dogs are there & only played what was in front of them, better them than the panthers flooking another win and turning the biggest game of the year into a cricket score. Atleast the dogs will put up 15 minutes of resistance.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
It's a shame the dogs have used up their kick it at the ref idea already. Should of saved for the gf. It could have been their main play, just boot it into the ref every time they get past halfway. Shame they let the cat out of the bag on that one

natheel

Coach
Lol at those saying last years GF was the worst. Probably the best quality GF in many years.

Unfortunately with the Roosters being robbed of victory over the panthers the best 3 teams ended up on the same side of the draw. South swill win easily. The dogs wouldn't beat them, the chooks or the cows. Just got a lucky draw

f**k off roosters were handed the GF last year

pantherz9103

First Grade
The most mediocre 4 th placed team of all time. The Panfers.

Yeah, we didn't have 10 first graders out or anything...

Nice that we can get a 4th place instead of perpetually making the 8 and being knocked out in Week 1 or 2 and having a sook each year about being robbed and NSW conspiracies, lol merkin.

Canard

Immortal
Yeah, we didn't have 10 first graders out or anything...

Nice that we can get a 4th place instead of perpetually making the 8 and being knocked out in Week 1 or 2 and having a sook each year about being robbed and NSW conspiracies, lol merkin.

Agreed, f**k the Broncos.

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers saved their worst game for last.

The difference herein was the difference that the Dogs played this game,approached this game and treated this game like it was a grand final.

I admired their tenacity,their will to win,their win at all costs attitude.

We had none of this,and we were for most of it,shown up.

We couldn't score when it counted because the Dogs defense stepped up when it needed to.

We were stifled into making uncharacteristic errors which was brought on by silly errors and very poor ball security.

Canterbury more than deserve this victory,as it's a carry over work in progress from their 2012 loss to the Melbourne Storm.

And if the Panthers making it this far into the finals wasn't enough of a fairytale,you probably haven't seen anything yet from the Bulldogs.

Coming from the lower parts of the bottom eight during the season,to a place in the grand final deserves all the plaudits in the world.

One can say that Souths will be the burning favorites next Sunday,and for me,I'm not too sure.

The beauty of finals matches is that every now and then you get the boil-overs that will simply confound logic.

Will it happen again?