What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst halftime entertainment ever

***MH***

Bench
Whoever that dance group was at halftime in last nights Parra/Dragons match, that was absolute crap. I've never heard an act get booed at half time before. Clubs should stop wasting their money on crap from ever walking on stadium turf and just let the local junior footy clubs have a quick game between the break.

Perth Red

Post Whore
agree, nothing better than seeing a 6 year old tear through the opposition to thunderous cheers from the crowd!

I liked the idea someone else had about getting a car sponsorship deal but rather than take it in $'s offer a free car HT draw every game, that would be good.

Once saw a dog hearding ducks display in Cumbria, that was pretty lame!

thommo4pm

Coach
That was embarassing last night, I felt sorry for the guys dancing as they got boo'd from the field.

natheel

Coach
it was f**king strange wasn't it? i had a puzzled look on my face the whole way through it

Danish

Referee
Pretty much any kind of marketing-focused fan competition is bloody horrendous. Pushing a big ball with the sponsor on it through a course. Some contrived relay where you have to put on a jersey, pass a ball through something etc. All utterly ridiculous.

I also can't stand it when some unknown musician it thrown out there to play 3 songs nobody in the ground has ever heard of to launch their pop album.

Put on 2 games of junior footy, with a catch the bomb comp in between them. Sorted.

skeepe

Immortal
Raiders vs Bulldogs two weeks ago... Technical difficulties meant 8 minutes of nothing. Then there was a kids relay. And that's it.

skeepe

Immortal
Pretty much any kind of marketing-focused fan competition is bloody horrendous. Pushing a big ball with the sponsor on it through a course. Some contrived relay where you have to put on a jersey, pass a ball through something etc. All utterly ridiculous.

I also can't stand it when some unknown musician it thrown out there to play 3 songs nobody in the ground has ever heard of to launch their pop album.

Put on 2 games of junior footy, with a catch the bomb comp in between them. Sorted.

The Raiders version of that is with Local Liquor. They get people to say "Shoot down to the Local."

It's as riveting as it sounds.

I think the Raiders are still a little cautious after they got sued because some guy wiped himself out trying to catch a bomb with a milk crate.

Hutty1986

Immortal
The great Billy idol "just waiting for some poooowaaaaa" was a classic. Also Anzac Day this year when the dog wouldn't let go of the match ball was pretty good (pre-match though)

Choppies

Coach
Remember in 2003 they had 2 people playing the then brand new xbox on the big screen. That would have to be up there.

00digger00

Juniors
Yeah I would like to see a sideline conversion or drop goal off for a new set of wheels. Kinda like the half way throw at the B ball.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
I enjoyed the Bulldogs pre match and halftime entertainment Vs Manly earlier this year. Not sure if they always have the blokes from Fat Pizza, but I thought it was great the way they got the whole crowd involved.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
hahahah angry anderson and blue batmobile = win

i liked all the puzzled looks from the other people sitting in cars

is there vid of the dancers yesterday? I personally think its good having the kids running around, be curious how many kids who got to play at halftime made it to first grade

but lets say we werent going to have junior teams, what realsitically would you like to see? I go for the footy so halftime doesnt bother me that much, but I agree with Moffo that theres too much crap being allowed to "perform" at halftime and pre game