What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst injury you've ever seen?

soc123_au

Staff member
The one Josh Mansour received from a flying knee-cocked Anthony Don. Obviously not as bad as Farragher or McKinnon long term but perhaps just as traumatic.
Chris Lawrence would be up there as far as facial injuries go. Dislocated hip would be pretty f**ked up too. One tough mofo that one.

Mojo

Bench
Lachlan Lewis’ head In general.

Aaron Woods when he got that haircut.

Kevin Proctor when he didn’t get that haircut.

Scommo's smirk.

Almost everything that has happened at the Dragons over the past decade.

Last edited:
Lachlan Lewis’ head In general.

Aaron Woods when he got that haircut.

Kevin Proctor when he didn’t get that haircut.

Scommo's smirk.

Almost everything that has happened at the Dragons over the past decade.
Don’t you mean Scommo’s smear? You know, the one at Macca’s.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'll never forget Yow Yeh for as long as I live. It looked horrific, it sounded horrific and you knew immediately you just watched the career of one of the games brightest prospects end, just like that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'll never forget Yow Yeh for as long as I live. It looked horrific, it sounded horrific and you knew immediately you just watched the career of one of the games brightest prospects end, just like that.
Happened in front of us, we nearly threw up! Horrible thing to see. Given how it then impacted his life it would have to be the worse along with McKinnon.
been a few ruptured testicles as well which never sounds fun!

Not on the field but the Ben Ross vs Wendell arm wrestle was pretty barf worthy.
Never watched the Mckinnon incident so I'd have to go with Yow Yeh.

Leber

Bench
A super league game. Chev walker I think? Broke the bone and it came through the skin.

Clip was on YouTube. Still might be.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
My memory is a little hazy and I can’t remember the young fellas name, but I was watching an under 20s Parra game at the old Parra Stadium probably around 10 years ago.

There was a young fella on debut from memory he was a late call up and he was in number 20 or something and was playing fullback. I was second row from the fence behind the posts, only metres away from the field. Young kid jumped up to take a bomb like he would have done 1000 times, landed on his feet but went over on his ankle.

I clearly remember watching his lower leg shatter before my eyes, the noise was horrific. Then the poor merkin screamed so much I thought he might actually pass out. There was people all around in the crowd crying and the game was stopped for a good 20minutes while they got him off the field.

I remember reading a couple of years after that needless to say he never played again. The Men of League looked after him from memory.

Old Mate

Juniors
Danny Peacock dislocating his hip playing for the Gold Coast Seagulls. Leg spun around like a helicopter, nearly kicked himself in the head. Gruesome.

beave

Coach
Michael Bani's heart break when he let in (another) try and Thurston went over and gave him a mouthful and the had the whole NQ team in a huddle behind the try line.......... sans Bani......

gordsy

Juniors
Steve Price ruining Tony Caine's leg was pretty bad. The beating Johns took from Godard.
Tuiaki's busted leg because Moltzen was to gutless to run the ball back.
Nathan Hindmarsh's pride when I asked him how it felt to be belted by Linc Withers...

I also remember a game at Parra stadium where a friend of a friend was hammering Jason Stephens about hsi 13 minutes in origin. Stephens cracked the shits, told security this bloke was talking shit about his mum and had him kicked out. Hahahaha.