What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst injury you've ever seen?

Most of the horrific ones already listed, none I saw or watched live…

A few standouts though… the worst in the 80’s was Greg Buckley getting the worst knockout I’d seen in an under 21 match against the Dragons on a Friday night game. It was a horrific head-slam into the turf but purely accidental as he was falling in a tackle and his head “whipped” into the grass. He was treated for what seemed well over 90 minutes on the ground. The main game was delayed and actually shown live on TV (where it was normally telecast on delay). Buckley was in a coma for 40-odd days but….. Woke up on grand final day, when the Dogs beat the tigers.

Other ones are Robbie odavis’ nose against the Tigers , and a head clash which fractured Richie Blackmores skull n facial bones (accidentally with Wendell Sailor). Blackmore never played again.

some11

Referee
Michael Bani's heart break when he let in (another) try and Thurston went over and gave him a mouthful and the had the whole NQ team in a huddle behind the try line.......... sans Bani......
Ben Farrar for Michael Bani.. quality swap

moffla

Bench
Injuries or gore don't really make me wince much - but the Yow Yeh one makes me sad. What could have been! Fortunately from memory he seems to be happy enough in life now

Chippy73

Bench
George Roses compound fracture vs Storm....bone was sticking out and foot was at 90% to leg. Absolutely sickening, still makes me wince thinking about it.

Bazal

Post Whore
George Roses compound fracture vs Storm....bone was sticking out and foot was at 90% to leg. Absolutely sickening, still makes me wince thinking about it.

Was it Georgie where a team mate came over for a look and then basically ran away to have a spew? I remember that happening but not the specific circumstances

Chippy73

Bench
Was it Georgie where a team mate came over for a look and then basically ran away to have a spew? I remember that happening but not the specific circumstances
I'm not sure if that was this incident. maybe? I've only watched it once and then avoided it ever since.

Steve Price for memory did it to another player???

That's a reason I've got no time for defenders hitting the legs of a kicker... That's savage. Remember there was a huge public debate when Ron Gibbs was attempting charge downs like that in the 80's, many people said it was tough from him and nothing wrong with it.

beave

Coach
Ben Farrar for Michael Bani.. quality swap
yeah it blew our minds as well. The club came out months later and revealed why it happened, Farrar's mum had cancer and he needed to be near her while she was going through it which was 100% fair enough and not one NQ fan would begrudge him for that, but the club said absolutely zero about it when it went down. We didnt need to know the inner details just something along the lines of 'family issues and he needs to move home asap for it' or words to that effect.

Billythekid

First Grade
I've been on the field right next to someone who has badly broke their leg on 2 occasions. The loud crack followed by the screams.... oof.

In my memory? McKinnon. Everything else is insignificant.

Yow Yeh’s was horrendous. Also Tariq Sims second broken leg. There was a Cronulla player about 6 years ago. Broke his jaw on someone’s knee. Teeth and bits of jaw everywhere. Name evades me but sounded likeToupou?

chewsta

First Grade
In my memory? McKinnon. Everything else is insignificant.

Yow Yeh’s was horrendous. Also Tariq Sims second broken leg. There was a Cronulla player about 6 years ago. Broke his jaw on someone’s knee. Teeth and bits of jaw everywhere. Name evades me but sounded likeToupou?
Anthony Toupou's jaw exploding making a tackle on Konrad Hurrel's raised knee.

Latest posts