What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst moments of the 2019 season...

AJB1102

First Grade
Been a bog ordinary comp all round.

With Turbo gone I'll be amazed if anyone outside Roosters or Storm win with the only potential challenger being Raiders. We might be going down to round 25 to decide the 8 but it's just an extra week of footy for another below par side.

On-field.

1 - The return of the eye gouge.
2 - The acreage on many teams' NRL Jerseys devoid of sponsorship throughout the year. Never seen it this bad. Not essentially a "Moment" but for mine it's not not been good to see at all, very concerning and hopefully turns' around next year.
3 - The complete implosion of the Knights. Not my team but geezus..

Off-field.
1 - well that's akin to a Tolstoy novel..

AJB1102

First Grade
Yep I agree. Nothing to do with my teams' absolute annus horribilis... It's just been a comp exactly as you've described for mine.

Good luck to all the teams and fans of those who'll be in the semis though.

Yeah it's not anything to do with my mob failing either. I wouldn't even call it a "soft" comp because Storm, Chooks and Raiders been good. Not their problem everyone else is shit.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What are you talking about? Complaining about things like the MRC and the referees is based on EVIDENCE, not what the idiots in the press have to say about it, and the story about culling a poor club came straight from Greenberg's mouth.
The media are partly responsible for the perception problem the MRC and judiciary have.

The loudest media mouthpieces rarely communicate the detail to help fans understand the process, so only a handful of fans actually know why player A and player B do similar things but get wildly different suspensions, for example. The only thing IMO they got demonstrably wrong was letting McGuire reoffend more than once before coming down hard on him.

RE: the culling a poor club - have you got a quote from Greenberg on that? That story is arguably THE most media-driven one of the year - Fox and Nine taking potshots at one another

SBD82

Coach
I'm amused that you've complained about the media first and foremost, then laid into the NRL for what is largely media beat-up.

You complain about the media, then subscribe to every crackpot theory and BS story the journos and columnists throw out there... makes no sense.
How the hell did you manage to make it far enough through that post to comment on it?

Saxon

Bench
The only thing IMO they got demonstrably wrong was letting McGuire reoffend more than once before coming down hard on him.
So, Jake T dropping Hughes on his head was not worth a sin bin or suspension, yet Cotric's tackle on Lafai was worth a sendoff and 3 weeks. Really?

Really?