What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst moments of the 2019 season...

TheFrog

Coach
Easts and Melbourne dominating yet again. Not that they aren't outstanding teams, but the cycle now needs to move on. It's been going on far too long for the good of the game.

After Penrith and Canberra played their second successive grand final in '91, both missed the finals the following year and other teams got a go. That needs to happen with Easts and Melbourne.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So, Jake T dropping Hughes on his head was not worth a sin bin or suspension, yet Cotric's tackle on Lafai was worth a sendoff and 3 weeks. Really?

Really?
100% you say nothing about it if you're not a Storm fan.

Round 5, Cowboys v Melbourne when this happened and the Referees let play run on -

54f775d322ade7bc66aa958a8c28eba6

AJB1102

First Grade
Easts and Melbourne dominating yet again. Not that they aren't outstanding teams, but the cycle now needs to move on. It's been going on far too long for the good of the game.

After Penrith and Canberra played their second successive grand final in '91, both missed the finals the following year and other teams got a go. That needs to happen with Easts and Melbourne.

Other teams gotta get better.

Unless you want the premiership to turn into a participation award and everyone gets a high 5 for trying and having fun?

AJB1102

First Grade
Round 5, Cowboys v Melbourne when this happened and the Referees let play run on -

54f775d322ade7bc66aa958a8c28eba6

Did the ref not stopping play contribute in any way to the severity of the injuries? Did it prevent anyone helping them? Am I missing something? Now we're stopping every time someone is slow to get up and onside.

thorson1987

Coach
Did the ref not stopping play contribute in any way to the severity of the injuries? Did it prevent anyone helping them? Am I missing something? Now we're stopping every time someone is slow to get up and onside.

Which is originally why the process was changed.

The refs just can't win.

AJB1102

First Grade
Which is originally why the process was changed.

The refs just can't win.

I agree. Those poor f**ks are flat out ruling a knock-on, forward pass or try. Now they're supposed to diagnose players on the run, of course they're gonna call T/O by default.

On-field.

1 - The return of the eye gouge.
2 - The acreage on many teams' NRL Jerseys devoid of sponsorship throughout the year. Never seen it this bad. Not essentially a "Moment" but for mine it's not not been good to see at all, very concerning and hopefully turns' around next year.
3 - The complete implosion of the Knights. Not my team but geezus..

Off-field.
1 - well that's akin to a Tolstoy novel..

It’s too risky to sponsor an nrl team with all the off field shit. I’ve been close to the sponsorship team in a couple of large organisations and they’d never touch an nrl team for this reason. Fix the off field shit if you want sponsors of any description. Even the $2 companies are dodging the nrl teams now

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I agree. Those poor f**ks are flat out ruling a knock-on, forward pass or try. Now they're supposed to diagnose players on the run, of course they're gonna call T/O by default.
Panelists loved the old "the refs arent doctors" line, you dont have to be when somones leg is facing the wrong f@$king way. Even if he was blind the screams would have been a pretty good hint

Saxon

Bench
100% you say nothing about it if you're not a Storm fan.
Rubbish. Possibly it's more in my mind than say the Kikau suspension, but I'm pretty sure I would have used it regardless because it's a brutally clear example of the inconsistency in a couple of almost identical events.

It’s too risky to sponsor an nrl team with all the off field shit. I’ve been close to the sponsorship team in a couple of large organisations and they’d never touch an nrl team for this reason. Fix the off field shit if you want sponsors of any description. Even the $2 companies are dodging the nrl teams now

Absolutely understand it, and why the acreage is there. It’s a sad state of affairs and hopefully this will right itself in the near future.