What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst movie ever- "Plan 9 From Outer Space"

jpaciocco91

Juniors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu7BzNL1JPg&feature=related

Voted the worst movie of all time...Plan 9 from Outer Space....it's so bad it's good. Paper plates and hubcaps used as flying saucers, absurd quotes such as "future events such as these will affect you in the future", predictions that all of a sudden become past events, aliens that resemble human beings in drag, boom mikes being obviously shown in scenes, a police inspector speaking gibberish, its all here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052077/goofs

Legendary quotes from this cinematic masterpiece:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052077/quotes

I have to admit "Manos Hands Of Fate" was more awful than this and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. This one, however did have one redeeming quality; unintended humour due to cinematic ineptitude.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) is commonly regarded as the worst movie ever made [or one of] :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060666

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manos:_The_Hands_of_Fate

he film premiered at the Capri Theater in Warren's hometown of El Paso, Texas on November 15, 1966.[14] Warren arranged for a searchlight to be used at the cinema,[2] and for the cast to be brought to the premiere by a limousine, in order to enhance the Hollywood feel of the event. Warren could afford only a single limousine, however, and so the driver had to drop off one group, then drive around the block and pick up another.[15] The premiere was attended by numerous local dignitaries, including the mayor and local sheriff. Shortly after the film began, the audience began laughing at its poor quality and redundant dialogue. Humiliated, Warren and the rest of his cast made a hasty exit. The film ended with the crowd throwing their shoes toward the screen. The following day, a review of film was featured in the El Paso Herald-Post, which described the film as a "brave experiment", although it criticized some elements such as the attempted murder of Torgo by being "massaged to death" by The Master's wives, and Margaret's claim of "It's getting dark", while she stands in front of a glowing sun.[14]

Tommy Smith

Referee
I have far more contempt for big budget Hollywood crap like Transformers II and Couples Retreat.

Both utterly disgraceful in every way; doing a great job of insulting their audience by assuming that they'd lap up their sh*t.

Springs

First Grade
Plan 9 From Outer Space is the number 1 comedy of all time.
The creators of Manos: The hands of Fate killed themselves it was so bad.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Plan 9 was categorised as "action, horror, sci-fi" but is undoubtedly a great comedy. With lines such as these:

"Future events such as these, will affect you in the future"

"Visits? Well, that would indicate visitors"

"You see, you see, your stupid minds! Stupid! Stupid!"

"Inspector Clay is dead, murdered, and SOMEBODY'S responsible"

"I've never seen you in this mood before." (Response) "Maybe that's because I've never been in this mood before"

"The ever-beautiful flowers she had planted with her own hands became nothing more than the lost roses of her cheeks"

"My friend, you have seen this incident, based on sworn testimony. Can you prove that it didn't happen? "

Flapper

First Grade
Not to mention the movie about Ed Wood is one of the greatest pieces of cinema ever made, which makes Plan 9 retrospectively very important.

Ridders

Coach
Worst Movie = Anaconda.

I do agree with Tommy Smith that big budget hollywood crap deserves extra contempt. f**k I hated Transformers 2. Megatron never gets enough respect.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
Zombie Strippers is probably the worst I've seen. I had really low expectations - I thought it might be good for the odd random joke and some decent boobs - but it didn't even come close to matching them. Utter garbage.

OVP

Coach
On second thoughts, i'd like to change mine to Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. I could only make it 5 minutes past the opening credits before i couldnt take any more. Utterly dreadful in every respect.

gronkathon

First Grade
Went through a period of deliberatley hiring terrible looking movies.

Plan 9 has a certain charm with time.

One night in particular we hired three of the worst films ever commited to celluloid.

* Cool As Ice

* Nukie

* Smokey & The Good Time Outlaws.

Smokey was the worst of the bunch. It opened with a helicopter shot zooming in to two men "shovel dancing" in a red desert. One of the key characters was a ventriloquist (sp?) dummy. There is a piece of editing so bad it defies belief and the plot centres around two talentless inbred tards trying to get to the Grand Old Opre.

Just terrible

Beach babes from Beyond was pretty terrible, but I love how some of the cast members are relatives of famous actors (except Burt Ward who is the real Burt Ward) Joe Estevez, Don Swayze, Joey Travolta, and Jacqeline Stallone.

Mong

Post Whore
I watched one recently where everyone went blind for a short time except one person, who then went blind when everyone else got their vision back.

At the end of it i had no idea what the point of it actually was meant to be.

it was called blind, or blindness or something like that, it's a recent release.. Stay clear of it.