What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst nsw bench in origin history?

SDM

First Grade
Lewis' best asset is probably skills with the ball. Creagh is a good hole runner. It isn't one or the other, if Lewis were to fit into the side, you would put him in for Bird or Young, not Creagh.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
No Creagh is very good at club level but has, to this point, been utterly ineffective in the Origin arena.
He's had a good game and been ok in a few. I agree he has been below his best.

My point is Lewis hasn't set the world on fire either. So calling for his inclusion is hypocritical.

One player is fit and was great for Australia. The other has played one game of an extended injury.

Really? How is this even a discussion.

betcats

Referee
But isn't that what you want, brainless brawling just for the sake of it?

Then he'll be a "hard man" :lol:

Pity it's not 1970 anymore hey!

I was just comparing Lewis to Creagh, it was just a shot at him really. I wouldnt say I wont brainless brawling but in that situation it was a soft option to run away. He would of gone down in NSW history if he had of put a couple on Hodges chin.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Lewis' best asset is probably skills with the ball. Creagh is a good hole runner. It isn't one or the other, if Lewis were to fit into the side, you would put him in for Bird or Young, not Creagh.
I agree with you. But that would mean these guys would have to stop whinging.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I was just comparing Lewis to Creagh, it was just a shot at him really. I wouldnt say I wont brainless brawling but in that situation it was a soft option to run away. He would of gone down in NSW history if he had of put a couple on Hodges chin.

It's just a matter of time before that w*nker Hodges gets belted again anyway!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Creagh has a lot to prove and rightly so. He's got his chance and its up to him to do the job.

Merrin is Saints best prop. Mannah is every bit an Origin player & Dean Young is a warrior.

I'm not certain on the balance of the bench. I would have picked Lewis over Young. I love Deano, but Lewis is amongst the best players in the game IMO.

As for the OP. Maybe you should be more concerned by your team of Ginger Cats. Whats a gutless mob of front runners they are. Can't wait to see the NSW bench give it to them in a couple of weeks.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Since you have the stats do you mind posting Creagh v Lewis stats for SOO. I'm pretty sure Lewis won't have done enough to be rushed back into the side when he isn't fit.

nrlstats are a bunch of merkins not allowing access anymore.

They are a bunch of merkins!

Lewis game 3 2010: 5 runs for 34m (I'm not saying Lewis should be in!)

I'll agree with you WYD: It should be Creagh in there, however he DOES need to step it up this time and get involved. He looked dangerous for half a game in one Origin when running on the left side with Jennings. I hope that's the role he's going to play again

Hutty1986

Immortal
They are a bunch of merkins!

Lewis game 3 2010: 5 runs for 34m (I'm not saying Lewis should be in!)

I'll agree with you WYD: It should be Creagh in there, however he DOES need to step it up this time and get involved. He looked dangerous for half a game in one Origin when running on the left side with Jennings. I hope that's the role he's going to play again

Hazarding a guess here, was that 09' game 3 at Suncorp?
He needs to step up big time, but I'm sure he will

redvscotty

First Grade
Anyone that can't see the amount of heart Young has, is a pea hearted turkey slap victim.

Young bleeds blue every day of the week!

chrisD

Coach
Yeah probably the worst bench in SOO history, Dragon nuffies with one potential decent contributor in Mannah.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hazarding a guess here, was that 09' game 3 at Suncorp?
He needs to step up big time, but I'm sure he will

Dunno the game, but I'm sure it was Jennings left center, Haynel left wing and Creagh running wide on the left.

When NSW needed a result, Gidley just kept running it out of dummy half instead of putting it back to the danger zone.

Creagh has a lot to prove and rightly so. He's got his chance and its up to him to do the job.
He's been proven as rubbish several times in the past. Nothing can redeem him of that and Lewis + Watmough + more deserve this spot over the pea heart.[/.i]

Merrin is Saints best prop. Mannah is every bit an Origin player & Dean Young is a warrior.

I'm not certain on the balance of the bench. I would have picked Lewis over Young. I love Deano, but Lewis is amongst the best players in the game IMO.

As for the OP. Maybe you should be more concerned by your team of Ginger Cats. Whats a gutless mob of front runners they are. Can't wait to see the NSW bench give it to them in a couple of weeks.

Creagh been proven as rubbish several times in the past. Nothing can redeem him of that and Lewis + Watmough + more deserve this spot over the pea heart. So what if Merrin is Dragons best prop :lol: And Dean Young is a nuffy who can't play well in any position; 100 times worse than Gidley

farmeister

Juniors
I'm not a massive fan of Creagh and I would prefer to have Lewis there (if fit) or Watmough.

HOWEVER....

I don't think Creagh is getting a fair go in this forum. He has played 5 games for NSW and scored 4 tries -- equal top tryscorer with Hayne for NSW for the last two Origin series. And these tries were not just falling over the line. His run from dummy half to beat several Qld defenders and seal the game for NSW in Game 3 2009 took some real skill & effort.

I agree that running away from that confrontation was a very bad look and I bet he still feels ashamed of it to this day.

But anyone who scores 4 tries in 5 games at Origin level -- from the 2nd row too, not even the wing -- can't be all that bad.

JT_

Juniors
I'm willing to see Creagh have another crack, knowing the shower of **** he served up last time it's probably motivation for him to have a really good go this time around.

gregstar

Referee
I'm not a massive fan of Creagh and I would prefer to have Lewis there (if fit) or Watmough.

HOWEVER....

I don't think Creagh is getting a fair go in this forum. He has played 5 games for NSW and scored 4 tries -- equal top tryscorer with Hayne for NSW for the last two Origin series. And these tries were not just falling over the line. His run from dummy half to beat several Qld defenders and seal the game for NSW in Game 3 2009 took some real skill & effort.

I agree that running away from that confrontation was a very bad look and I bet he still feels ashamed of it to this day.

But anyone who scores 4 tries in 5 games at Origin level -- from the 2nd row too, not even the wing -- can't be all that bad.
sshhhh....

you'll upset the experts.