What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Raider Ever?

kaon

Juniors
Well this is a typical off-season post but anyway, who is the worst ever player to play for the Canberra Raiders?

There would have been some shockers in our first season going by the score lines in our matches and who can forget the likes of Wolfgram but my vote goes to the man mountain himself, Peter Penia. Considering the amount of pre-season publicity he got and the footy show arm wrestling challenge, his time with the Raiders will go down in folk law. Well in my mind anyway. :lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
I know it's subjective but Costin was a useful player. Nothing great but he wasn't hopeless either. Wolfgramm has pretty ordinary hands but apart from that he's a decent premier league player.

I guess we need to differentiate between worst player and least favourite, but the following 2 cover both for me.

Albert Fulivai
Mark Bell

edabomb

First Grade
fulivai would carve wolfgramm up. costin was past his best by the time he got to the raiders. anthony swann wasnt much. what about mcnamara?? i cant really remember him that well was he ne good?

The Colonel

Immortal
What about Trevor Schodel and Nathan Barnes?

I still remember Ricky not coming off when ur boys floooooogged us 64 blot and broke his leg. Schodel came from obscurity held his own for a little while and then disappeared to Newtown.

Barnes was unfortunately a poor buy for you guys - did he ever play a game?

thickos

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
What about Trevor Schodel and Nathan Barnes?

I still remember Ricky not coming off when ur boys floooooogged us 64 blot and broke his leg. Schodel came from obscurity held his own for a little while and then disappeared to Newtown.

Barnes was unfortunately a poor buy for you guys - did he ever play a game?

He did play one game for us - I was there! Rd 2, 2000 vs Northern Eagles.
He retired a fortnight later :oops:

I'm not too keen on naming 'worst Raiders ever' because i would HOPE that all the players are getting in there and having a dig, a bit of pride in the jersey etc. etc.
There are however PLENTY of players who I think were lucky to make into 1sts.
Trevor Schoedel and Wolfgramm are the standouts.

and hey, Pearson/Costin was good! don't knock him!

brenno

Juniors
tru dat, i chringed every time Jason "Bloody" Burnham touched the ball, a player who should have never played 1st grade imo.

The Colonel

Immortal
Can't remember exactly but it was for personal reasons - someone in his family dad or child - I think was sick or something though that could be wrong.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Wolfgramm was pretty useless, and Mr. kick it out on the full all the time (costin) was alright besides his general play kicking

Steve Stone
Albert Fulevai
Greeg Wolfgramm
They were all lucky to make a premier league side let alone 1sts!
---------------------

my least favourite player was Barnham was my most hated, dont know why, but i preyed every day in hopes he wouldnt play in 1sts again!

mono_mal

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
He's playing Jim Beam Cup for Ourimbah
he actually played for the Windsor Wolves in the Jim Beam Cup this year and will Captain-Coach the side next year.
Before that he was with The Entrance Tigers in 2002, Ryan O'Hara's junior club, in the Central Coast competion.
You may be thinking of Jason Bell who is the current Ourimbah Magpies halfback and also a former Eel. Bell played for the Umina Bunnies last year before switching to Ourimbah to play Jim Beam Cup.
And i find this thread quite odd and degrading.
Obviously the players who have represented the Raiders in first grade deserved to be there and are talented footballers.
There are many more that have not advanced past premier league (previously first division and reserve grade) and the junior rep scene.
On Trevor Schodel he was actually quite a talented player and never got a decent chance with Canberra behind Ricky. And in comparison to Ricky he was always going to look ordinary. Added to this was the limited time he had to fit in to the first grade side when Stuart was injured and the lack of respect he would have commanded from his team mates.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Does anyone remember a player by the name of David Schrader (sp?). I think he was a centre. He had one good game where he scored a couple of tries but I've never heard of him since.

edabomb

First Grade
fulivai retired he was 30ish. no idea on the other 2, lightning might of gone to the uk tho?? wasnt booby playing locally this yr, i remember some1 knowing something about him

Raider_69

Post Whore
good old brann ay
he brings back memories. mostly bad, but memories no the less
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he was pure class 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
I wouldn't like to say anything about "the worst player ever". The worst one is, in any event, probably no one anyone here remembers. But why focus on the negative?

I would also like to say Steve Stone was a real stalwart for the club and was our reserves captain, so he contributed a lot to the Raiders.

Royston Lightning had enormous potential, shame he didn't develop more, and he went to play in Queensland after he left us.

Latest posts