What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Rugby League player?

Iafeta

Referee
HITRO "NITRO GLYCERINE" OKESENE?!!! :evil:

Used to love the bullocking bulldozer charges, hair flaring... quite the impact player. If he had his reincarnate Iafeta Paleaaesina's size, he would have been a demon.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Worst Australian player- Brad Meyers

Worst Club player- Fred Petersen- Rooster premier leaguer, ex panther don't think I saw him hold on to the ball once when i watched him :lol:

axl rose

Bench
Back to Back Black Attack said:

He is so soft, has no skill, cant pass, cant tackle what is he doing in first grade. He got an Australian jumper???? are you kidding or what? he couldnt make Group 1 first grade!

sunny

Andrew Lomu would have to be close to the worst of the current lot.

I think Russo, Tahu and El Masri are all pretty good, dunno why they've been mentioned.

Greg Smith is priceless! I actually helped expose that merkin as the liar that he was, pretending to have played in the nfl. f**kin' goose!

aqua_duck

Coach
Mighty Heighty said:
Tell us who you think was the worst Rugby League player you've ever seen?

Mine would be Timana Tahu, god, i used to break out in a cold sweat every time referees drew him for a game.... Attrocious.
Must be doing well to be the worst rugby league player but still able to win a premiership, play for his country, play origin, average about a try per game over last few season and aveage over a line break every game in that time as well. :D

Happy Gilmore

Juniors
The Worst Rugby League player I have ever seen is Ian 'Chook' Herron. He was only good at kicking goals, except when he was at Parramatta.

Iafeta

Referee
Southernsaint said:
Marc Ellis for the Warriors was pretty crap too...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Bingo - stop the polling, we have a winner.

From Stacey Jones' book, apparently when Marc Ellis made his debut in a run out wide when the cover came across, instead of cutting back in he ran out ala Rugby Union to get to the safety of a lineout. John Monie was liverred at halftime and started gassing Ellis, then he piped up and looked at Tea Ropati - "Who was the dumb bugger who passed it to him?!"

When I was in Kiwiland though he was pretty funny on TAB Sports Cafe but none the less, some of his stuff was hillarious. Has some similarities with Matt Peterson - boof hair, has trouble doing the basics.

Danny Costelloe
Dragan Durdevic

Both Eagles and dropped sooo much ball it WAS funny because when u knew u were playing Manly the next week u knew u would win if those 2 played :lol: :lol:

Russell Richardson??????? No way he was at one time the best centre in the game with Cronulla, I admit now his form isnt that great but I still have faith in Rusty like all Knights fans should and maybe he will eventually find his best form! Russell is my fav NRL player so i may be a lil bias but still he is not the WORST player ever!And as for the dude who said Tahu was the worst, give urself an uppercut mate, he is the best winger in the game without doubt! His strike rate speaks 4 itself

hunter69

Juniors
timana tahu worst ever!
how many times has ANTHONY MINICHELLO used hin as a speed hump when the chook's have played the roosters.
so my vote goes to TAHU.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Chook said:
Nathan Wood

Chook.

I 2nd that.
Along with Brian Smith(union convert)
Darren Burns
David Barnhill(The Mock) He has never won a grand final and been in plenty. Always the bridesmaid...

Brian Batisse
Brad Tessman
Shane Whereat
Col Fraser
Les Cleal
Dean Carney
Brenton Pomery

Southernsaint

Staff member
Muffdaddy said:
Chook said:
Nathan Wood

Chook.

David Barnhill(The Mock) He has never won a grand final and been in plenty. Always the bridesmaid...

I'm pretty sure he might've won one with Canberra before coming to Saints.

Cheers,
Ben S.

miccle

Bench
axl rose said:
Back to Back Black Attack said:

He is so soft, has no skill, cant pass, cant tackle what is he doing in first grade. He got an Australian jumper???? are you kidding or what? he couldnt make Group 1 first grade!

Those of us who have been watching NRL for longer than the last 18 months would know that Brad Meyers was one of the most damaging up-and-coming back rowers in the game a few years ago. He suffered a shocking neck injury which almost finished his career, but came back to the game and was lacking hugely in confidence until the end of last year.

Anyone who has seen his performances this year (when he has played & not been out injured) would know that the form is well and truly improving. His work rate has been incredible and he has 3 (or 4?) pretty impressive tries to his name as well!

Not saying he's the best at all - a solid club level player imo. But the worst? fair dinkum that is extremely harsh.

Hoggy

Bench
:D

Justification - He went ok in the final 5 games for the Storm in 2000. Even played a final.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Muffdaddy said:
Chook said:
Nathan Wood

Chook.

I'm pretty sure he might've won one with Canberra before coming to Saints.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Sorry, I thought he was in their losing squad.
Anyway, he was The Mock at Saints in the 90's as well as Easts in 2000, now he's back at Saints.
The Mock returns.....
Beware.....

Latest posts