What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would Greg Bird Be Cheesed Off Right Now

Shorty

Staff member
No,I disagree with the club's stance on the Broncos players.
I would have had them stood down but because of the fact that the case is yet to have a charge filed then I can see that it is down to the decision of the club.

I think you'll find a lot of people are similar but object to having Greg Birds' case somehow link to the Broncos because these players are playing.
It's the decision of the clubs.

Eels Dude

Coach
Maybe you should have a read in the other thread to learn what the differences are.

In any case,I'm sick and tired of seeing desperate Sharks fans trying to justify letting an allegedly domestic violence perpetrator back into the NRL because they're so desperate to get a premiership - It speaks volumes.

Differences between what? Alledged and Charged? I already know the difference. What I'm saying is that different charges require different levels of evidence. The Broncos players could be as guilty as, or even more so, than Bird is, but the circumstances of what happened in the former are a lot more difficult to determine. Everyone knows how difficult it is to lay charges in a sexual assault case, just because charges aren't laid doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm no Sharks fan either, I'd just like to see some equality in each case.

no name

Referee
Exactly right...strange how the 41 years and f*ck all club is not as desperate to use quality 'tainted' players to win as the club thats won a fist-full.

I reckon it has to do with the timing of the situations.
If it were earlier in the season I think the Broncos would have stood the players down.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I reckon it has to do with the timing of the situations.
If it were earlier in the season I think the Broncos would have stood the players down.

I have no doubt they would've.

As I have stated in a different thread the Broncos stood Thaiday down earlier in the year for a game cos he turned up late to training. Surely the current situation is a tad worse, yet he is still playing.......

Shorty

Staff member
I'm inclined to think it had to do with the club apparently telling the boys they had the weekend off to enjoy themselves...

DJShaksta

First Grade
I'm inclined to think it had to do with the club apparently telling the boys they had the weekend off to enjoy themselves...
I don't Shorty. I think its cos we are in the finals now and there is no second chances. But thats another argument.

Seriously though, I don't think this is what they had in mind when they gave the team the weekend off..........lol

Eels Dude

Coach

I'm sure when they told them to take the weekend off to enjoy themselves they didn't mean

1. Have a 12 hour drinking session
2. Have a gangbang in a pub toilet and possibly film it
3. Spit on the general public
4. Jump the taxi queue ahead of other customers

Shorty

Staff member
I'm sure when they told them to take the weekend off to enjoy themselves they didn't mean

1. Have a 12 hour drinking session
2. Have a gangbang in a pub toilet and possibly film it
3. Spit on the general public
4. Jump the taxi queue ahead of other customers
Thank you captain f**king obvious:roll:

I'd advise you edit your posts,also,considering the details are unknown..

Eels Dude

Coach
Thank you captain f**king obvious:roll:

I'd advise you edit your posts,also,considering the details are unknown..

Same with Greg Bird, Todd Carney, Tim Smith, etc etc. Yet they were stood down and/or disciplined by their club. I'm not editing my posts, I never claimed they were facts. Stop defending the Broncos decision, or 'understanding' their decision. Every other club has taken a hard line on players when incidents have occured but they haven't. Fair enough if that's the case as no one can force them to do anything, but they're putting themselves in a position to be criticized and deserve every bit they get.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah, because it's the finals. Which I think is fair enough actually.

How is that fair enough? All that attitude shows is the inconsistencies that exist. If it were 3 fringe first graders mid season then they'd be stood down immediately. Doesn't make it right though.

Shorty

Staff member
I'm not defending the Broncos you dunce.
What you have said is not fact,that's a basic rule of this forum,geddit?

Regardless of whether they're charged or not, three Broncos players getting on the piss all day, taking a young woman into the toilet and 'sharing' her... well to me that's completely unacceptable of first grade footballers, especially on such an important weekend. If she made a complaint, then that has to be taken seriously, instead of the club simply saying 'they say they've done nothing wrong'. Regardless of whether a sexual assault took place, the players were stupid for putting themselves in that position in the first place and should be disciplined.

Just unacceptable for first grade footballers? I'd say its unacceptable behaviour by anyone. Says a lot about their attitude towards women.

What reasonable person would think its ok to go into a public toilet with some random drunken woman, in company of 2-3 mates, all standing around waiting their turn to get a blow job, then a root, and then for one of them to have the brainwave, "oh, I better film this for posterity"?

If they think that is ok, they should be kept in a cage and only let out on weekends to play football.