What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would Hayne make a difference?

ParraFan09

Juniors
Do you people think if we had Jarryd we would be in a better position? Or are we in to deep of a hole?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
All you have to do is look back and ask yourself

"did Hayne make a difference?"

The Colonel

Immortal
Fair call "hole" probably wasn't the right word to use. I just if we still had him and with Norman playing as good as he is. We would be better off than second last.

If he was making fifty tackles a game I would probably agree. Our attack sits us around 7th or 8th. Our defence, our biggest issue, sits us last.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We had 59% of the ball v Broncos

We win that game with Hayne in the side, no question

We also beat the tigers

Chipmunk

Coach
I think we would've won the Titans game if The Plane was still around. That game reminded me alot of the Titans game last year. It was just waiting for someone like The Plane to take it from the opponents.

After 8 rounds last year our For and Against is very close to what it is now, but we had won one more game.

phantom eel

First Grade
Never won a premiership, and wasn't interested in sticking around to give it a decent try - under the coach he was supposedly instrumental in bringing to the club.

Time to move on from Jarryd... he's moved on from us.

hindy111

Post Whore
I still think parra are able to go on a good run.
Peats-Manu always going too need half a season to get into the groove.
Wicks should improve weekly and i reckon from about now he will be closer to his best.
Jnr Paulo will come back in and is our biggest meter eater.Semi is our most dynamic back. So thats 5 guys who are going too add a little bit extra to our performances the back end of the year.
I also think taka has been playing injured and now with hoppa back in his natural position we improve in the centres.It will take 2-3 more games for him to hit his straps.
Robo as well will get better and better at fullback.Just give him a few more games to work on his combo's.
If we can get a good run with injuries i reckon we have the team to go on a winning streak.Aslong as we sit close to the 50-50 ratio till rnd 16 id be happy.

Bazal

Post Whore
Objectively, of course Hayne makes a difference. He was the focal point of our attack, we've clearly struggled at times to adapt to a new structure without a fullback who is able to play that role and our attack has broken down at times. We would likely have won another game or two, probably the Tigers game and probably the Titans game. He doesn't make us a top team instantly, though. Our defence and out discipline hasn't been good enough. So at best he's basically the difference between equal fifth and outright fifth IMO.

But tbh, it's time to get over Jarryd. He might be back next year, or the year after. He likely won't. I would absolutely love it if he was, but he has his own dreams and rugby league isn't part of that at the moment. The side and the fans need to do it without him, simple as that.

Bazal

Post Whore
Never won a premiership, and wasn't interested in sticking around to give it a decent try - under the coach he was supposedly instrumental in bringing to the club.

Time to move on from Jarryd... he's moved on from us.

Modern athletes. Minimal career length. Hated for chasing money, hated for chasing their dreams.....

Latest posts