What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would Hook do that ?

slippery5

Juniors
I wonder if Griffin would have considered playing a train & trial player who has only played 2 Q cup games in 2 yrs as Bellamy did with Tyson Smoothy, who coincidently was ear marked by Bennett to be McCullough's successor when he was in the Bronco's system.
I suppose it's better to go with an ageing player coming of a major injury then looking at the future.
Bellamy blooded Tino slowly at first, until he was a regular bench player & will do so with another young kid coming through this year in Loiero, while our once great coach sat them on the bench for 80.
Lets hope we have a coach who isn't afraid to blood some players & show some faith in them for the future.

possm

Coach
I wonder if Griffin would have considered playing a train & trial player who has only played 2 Q cup games in 2 yrs as Bellamy did with Tyson Smoothy, who coincidently was ear marked by Bennett to be McCullough's successor when he was in the Bronco's system.
I suppose it's better to go with an ageing player coming of a major injury then looking at the future.
Bellamy blooded Tino slowly at first, until he was a regular bench player & will do so with another young kid coming through this year in Loiero, while our once great coach sat them on the bench for 80.
Lets hope we have a coach who isn't afraid to blood some players & show some faith in them for the future.
The coaching staff get to see a lot during training. I think Griffen, Bennett and other good first grade coaches would do the same. Thanks Muzby

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The coaching get to see a lot during training.
200.gif

Maddragon99

Juniors
Craig Bellamy has the golden touch & is untouchable. Griffen was on 2GB last year & now on a 2yr trail contract.

Expect Griffin to make percentage decisions rather than gamble on unproven players.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I don’t know. I do know as a recruitment officer, Hook suggested Cameron Smith when others had rejected him.

Latest posts