What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would it be easier

Caged Panther

First Grade
We all know hor frustrating of a season this has been. I think one of the most frustrating things about it is that we are only just going down in our games.

I think our for/against currently sits at -32. We've lost 11 games.

By that reckoining we've only lost our games by an avearge of approx 2.9 points.

Would it be easier if we were getting flogged?

shadow grinder

First Grade
Caged Panther said:
We all know hor frustrating of a season this has been. I think one of the most frustrating things about it is that we are only just going down in our games.

I think our for/against currently sits at -32. We've lost 11 games.

By that reckoining we've only lost our games by an avearge of approx 2.9 points.

Would it be easier if we were getting flogged?

proves the point that the team is missing one or 2 good attacking players. i havent watched ALOT of panthers this year but by the margin you guys are losing by, it would suggest that maybe the halves havent been up to scratch?. you expect your halfback or 5/8 to get you over the line in those close hard games. or get you out of trouble when you are stuck.

as for the question at hand , ild say no. because then you wouldnt find any positives, and the team would find it hard to carry on. these close loses are a positive for the club...

1) the club now relises it needs more attacking players

2) the team knows it can get in a position to win..buts its just a few things letting them down..

that will change next year. they cna even experiment for teh rest of the year to see what works and what doesnt.

Kilkenny

Coach
1. Three of our eleven losses were six points thrown away, Raiders after leading 18-0, Manly up by 22 and Knight after leading 14-0.

2. In the other eight losses we have in fact had opportunities to win each of those games despite playing well below our best.

3. Our season is effectively over other than playing for pride and maybe laying a platform for 2006. Is we do not address our problems in the outside backs/centres 2006 may not much better!

PantherCraig

Juniors
I cant see us improving when we have to release a SOO player along with a Kiwi International just to get back under the cap.

Caged Panther

First Grade
yes and there was a bit in rugby league week saying the Players aren't happy about the Ben Ross situation.

But it's all right because the players, administration and coaching staff are all sticking together through this tough time.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Warriors are one spot above us, and have a solid postive differential... it's definitely crazy that we only have -35, but there is no way that I would prefer to see my team smashed every week (I know that's not what anyone wants). Yes, the the bulk of the losses have been frustrating, but I am hanging my hat on the fact that whilst Penrith are crap this year, at least we have not been smacked - yet. Perhaps that is yet to come... don't want to put the mockers on or anything... ;)

Caged Panther

First Grade
Okay so I asked this question but didn't really give my answer.

With cirumstances being the way they are it's quite obvious that although the club would like us to belive we are in the market for some players we're not. This means that by and large we will be fronting up with the same team as we have this year, possibly supplemented by a few juniors.

Now while it would be a whole lot more dishartening to be getting flogged everweek and possible a whole lot less frustrating if this was what were happening, with no recruitment forth coming we could all look foward to another season of misery. As it stands there is the potential this may not be the case.

Right now we are only just going down and despite some of our technical problems I don't believe this is the reason we're going down. I think the reason we are going down seems to reside in issues of fittness and mental state. If we can get these issues resolved as well as our goal kicking (and on a side note I'd like to know why shane rodney who is spending so much time on the field hasn't been given at least a chance to take on those responsibilities) then we can have a reasonably successful 2006. And if I'm not mistaken there are a number of player coming off contract, which should allow us to strengthen a few areas and mount a very serious challange come 2007.