What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would Perth ever produce talent?

Wb1234

Referee
Look unlike Sa or vic, wa was considered the third rugby league state

yes they will produce juniors more then Victoria ever will

not more than png fiji Tonga samoa nz or st Mary’s but it’s not zero

Royce Hunt is playing in the World Cup final, with Holdsworth as an assistant coach.
WA Rugby League products reach all the way to the top.
The sooner there is a team in Perth the better.

Perth Red

Post Whore
$2mill into nrlwa from arlc to increase participation in WA
$1mill to nrlw from WA govt for jnr sport and womens participation
$2mill from new club into elite WA pathway programs and reserve grade nsw cup side
$1.7mill from nrl for nrlw team
formal partnerships with pngrl and brisbane tigers for two supplementary pathway programs

if that doesnt create new talent for the new club then I don’t know what would!

MugaB

Coach
$2mill from new club into elite WA pathway programs and reserve grade nsw cup side
formal partnerships with pngrl and brisbane tigers for two supplementary pathway programs

Thats sounds it can be done in Adelaide, or PNG or in NZ somewhere... why does it have to be perth...

....Coz PR

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thats sounds it can be done in Adelaide, or PNG or in NZ somewhere... why does it have to be perth...

....Coz PR
you are, for a change, totally right. It is what any new club not in nsw or qlnd should be getting/planning to do.

MugaB

Coach

So basically if you changed the east tigers to Mackay cutters, you're talking about what the dolphins are getting...

Perth Red

Post Whore
So basically if you changed the east tigers to Mackay cutters, you're talking about what the dolphins are getting...
Not really. For starters a Perth NRl club is also about significantly lifting the game at all levels across the whole state nd having a new NRL pathway program. Secondly I'm not sure the Queensland govt was asked for $1million to put into Moreton Bay Jnr RL? Thirdly its about a direct NRL pathway which didn't exist before, unlike Dolphins who have been part of a direct pathway for other clubs for years.
but yeh apart from nothing really being the same (even the PNG link up I am talking about something very different and much more significant for PNGRL) then yeh its exactly the same!

MugaB

Coach
Not really. For starters a Perth NRl club is also about significantly lifting the game at all levels across the whole state nd having a new NRL pathway program. Secondly I'm not sure the Queensland govt was asked for $1million to put into Moreton Bay Jnr RL? Thirdly its about a direct NRL pathway which didn't exist before, unlike Dolphins who have been part of a direct pathway for other clubs for years.
but yeh apart from nothing really being the same (even the PNG link up I am talking about something very different and much more significant for PNGRL) then yeh its exactly the same!
I think you missed my point... whats the difference if it was Adelaide instead of Perth, you keep cracking on about all these plans that perth need to extract cash from multiple sources just to get the ball rolling for a team, when there are already places who have the infrastructure to get addmited now

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Why would Perth juniors play for Perth?
This isn't the 70s. Lol.

And before you argue, this is always your line.

Lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think you missed my point... whats the difference if it was Adelaide instead of Perth, you keep cracking on about all these plans that perth need to extract cash from multiple sources just to get the ball rolling for a team, when there are already places who have the infrastructure to get addmited now
No I didnt, I talked to it previously that any club outside of NSw and Qlnd should be aiming for the same things. That is the strategy we need if a new club in any new area is one day going to be self sustainable from the existing clubs jnrs. (Though I would note despite Dolphins having the model you advocate they still went out and signed 30/32 players from other clubs, including a number of jnrs and felt the need to link up with two other second tier clubs)

Yes there are established second tier clubs out there, but they are in two states only. So unless we want to continue to restrict the NRL to just those two states a different strategy will be needed.

Not sure what you are arguing here? Are you arguing the game should not be played at the top tier outside NSW and qlnd? Thats what it sounds like. The NRL does not have a model of building from the ground up in new areas. If it did my strategy points 1&2 would have been happening ten years ago!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No.
They wont necessarily, but like other clubs some will. There are a number of factors that may lead a kid to decide which NRL club to sign for, location is just one.
No. This is not the 70s. Kids from Perth aren't allowed to dream about playing for Perth.

These are your rules, argue with them, you're arguing with yourself.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No.

No. This is not the 70s. Kids from Perth aren't allowed to dream about playing for Perth.

These are your rules, argue with them, you're arguing with yourself.
Grow up. Some kids will stay with their local team (especially when the only other options are 3500kms away). Some will get picked up by other teams because they cant make their local teams U18's squad, or they get head hunted and offered better prospects elsewhere. Such is the reality of modern sport. Any sensible team is scouting the U15's all the time looking to entice the best kids to them, wherever they are from.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Grow up. Some kids will stay with their local team (especially when the only other options are 3500kms away). Some will get picked up by other teams because they cant make their local teams U18's squad, or they get head hunted and offered better prospects elsewhere. Such is the reality of modern sport. Any sensible team is scouting the U15's all the time looking to entice the best kids to them, wherever they are from.
I'm pretty sure that is what everyone including myself has been saying.

And then you say it's not the 70s lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm pretty sure that is what everyone including myself has been saying.

And then you say it's not the 70s lol.
Pretty sure you have been saying that clubs signing jnrs from other areas is bad, jnrs only playing for local clubs is good.
If thats not the case then great, we agree its not the 70's and clubs are free to sign the best kids from wherever they can find them

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Pretty sure you have been saying that clubs signing jnrs from other areas is bad, jnrs only playing for local clubs is good.
If thats not the case then great, we agree its not the 70's and clubs are free to sign the best kids from wherever they can find them
No, I've never used that argument at all.as they say in your game:

1 point.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Anyway, Perth will be able to produce talent just like any other region. Especially if they don't hold their hand out expecting everything to be laid out for them.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Ollie and Luke Callan, both have debuted for the Force in the last 18 months. Both stood out in badly beaten Pirates sides over the last 4/5 years. They took it to much better teams and should be well on their way in a NRL program towards the top grade. Unfortunately no scouts were looking at our players and the Force pounced.

Latest posts