What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would we have 8 games per round if the new gold coast team starts playing in 2007

Razor

Coach
No split rounds

That's unfair to some teams

Some teams play matches before the Origin thereby missing their players, but other teams play matches after the Origin and have their players.

Origin should stand alone. The only match of the weekend

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Razor said:
8 games a week
25 rounds
All teams have the bye the same round mid-year

I thought it was two seperate weekends for eight teams each of them over Origin period...

BuffaloRules

Coach
Razor said:
No split rounds

That's unfair to some teams

Some teams play matches before the Origin thereby missing their players, but other teams play matches after the Origin and have their players.

Origin should stand alone. The only match of the weekend

I'm not in favor of the stand alone origin game on the weekend.

I think the only fair way would be that each team will have their bye before one of the origins.

So 6 teams get the bye before Origin 1, 6 before origin 2, 4 before Origin 3.

Split round for origin with 8 teams playing the weekend before for the first origin, then swapping to having the week after origin 2. And vice versa

Origin 3 all teams have a bye

Razor

Coach
Dodger said:
I thought it was two seperate weekends for eight teams each of them over Origin period...

In the initial press release it said they'd all have a bye in the same week. It might have said otherwise in a later press release that I haven't seen, so you could be correct.

Panthers_God

Juniors
=Broncos FanIs it 8 games per round, with no byes if the new Gold Coast team starts playing in 07???

Correct me if im wrong but I think its.
2 x Friday Night Games
3 x Saturday Games
2 x Sunday Afernoon Games
1 x Monday Game

And if u have foxtel digital you get to choose which game you'd like to watch on the games that overlap.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
You would think that there would have to be more FTA games when 2006 starts. It would be good if there were Saturday arvo games again, with ABC televising. Those were the days

littleduck

Juniors
schif4eva said:
You would think that there would have to be more FTA games when 2006 starts.
Yes, happy to confirm there will be an additional FTA game per round on Friday Night:

Friday Night - 1 live; 1 delayed
Sunday - 1 live or delayed