What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy NRL earlybird GF tickets now?

Would you buy an earlybird GF ticket

• Yes

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Suspend Ryles?

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

JamesRustle

First Grade
Gotta pick your mark though mate. Last year you would have lost money. My mate who’s a dragons fan bought 8 tix in 2009, then sold them week of GF to parra fans and made $2k profit!
Indeed.. you really want an all Sydney GF and/or a team on a long drought like Parra, NZ, Raiders, Dogs or Knights to make a killing.

Burwood

Bench
I bought mine in April after we beat Melbourne twice

I bought mine when we towelled up Melbourne in the trial game, but sold them after Parramatta gave us a flogging. Then we won our first two games of the season and thought that this would be our year, so bought some more again. But then we got bit of a reality check with the Roosters and Dragons, so thought that it was likely we wouldn't be around at the pointy end of the season and sold them. The match against the Broncos showed that we had the potential to play a quality game, and I thought that perhaps it was a good idea to but some tickets again, just in case. But then Melbourne really knocked the wind out of our sails, so I sold them. After back-to-back wins against Wests and Manly, I thought that I'd regret missing out on tickets later in the year, so bought some more. We lost convincingly to Souths, but decided to hold on to them for one more week, in case our form reversed. But after two more losses to Penrith and Gold Coast, I've offloaded the tickets to a mate of mine who follows Canberra. I've got my credit card ready to buy some more tickets this afternoon if we manage to get up over Cronulla.

Clifferd

Coach
I bought mine when we towelled up Melbourne in the trial game, but sold them after Parramatta gave us a flogging. Then we won our first two games of the season and thought that this would be our year, so bought some more again. But then we got bit of a reality check with the Roosters and Dragons, so thought that it was likely we wouldn't be around at the pointy end of the season and sold them. The match against the Broncos showed that we had the potential to play a quality game, and I thought that perhaps it was a good idea to but some tickets again, just in case. But then Melbourne really knocked the wind out of our sails, so I sold them. After back-to-back wins against Wests and Manly, I thought that I'd regret missing out on tickets later in the year, so bought some more. We lost convincingly to Souths, but decided to hold on to them for one more week, in case our form reversed. But after two more losses to Penrith and Gold Coast, I've offloaded the tickets to a mate of mine who follows Canberra. I've got my credit card ready to buy some more tickets this afternoon if we manage to get up over Cronulla.

Hahaha had a quality chuckle

2010Dragons

Bench
Gotta pick your mark though mate. Last year you would have lost money. My mate who’s a dragons fan bought 8 tix in 2009, then sold them week of GF to parra fans and made $2k profit!
Shhhh
Me too in 2011. Manly supporter paid me. Had a nice holiday in Thailand with the profit.

beave

Coach
GF tickets. Pfft. I’ve already bought my premiership winning tshirt.

I bought this years NQ t-shirt as well.

images

Latest posts