What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you take Phil Gould at your club [Poll]

Would you take Phil Gould at your club [Poll]

• Yes

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 73.5%

• Total voters

roofromoz

First Grade
First grade are playing in their 4th semi final series in the last 5 years.

Financially secure club with state of the art training facilities.

Strength right through the grades.

NSWRL cup finished minor premiers despite half the team playing up in first grade covering injuries.

This was Gould's five year plan.

All we need now is a coach that can actually harness this talented squad that we have into a premiership winning one.

Zerô

Juniors
If I was Gould I'd be pretty smug today.

Panthers lose, he was justified in firing Griffin

Panthers win, he was justified in firing Griffin.

Hope he has a chiropractor ready for when he gives himself a pat on the back

roofromoz

First Grade
First grade are playing in their 4th semi final series in the last 5 years.

Financially secure club with state of the art training facilities.

Strength right through the grades.

NSWRL cup finished minor premiers despite half the team playing up in first grade covering injuries.

This was Gould's five year plan.

Compare 2011 to now and it's whatever is brighter than daylight. Gus has had a lot to do with that.

But Gus has done his job. No need for him to stick around. He can anoint a successor and just potter around in the media.

___

Juniors
He knows his stuff and has influence. People don't know just hoe much power his influence has. It couldn't hurt.

Eion

First Grade
He’s a bit like Ricky Stuart. Can be a good rallying force for a year or 2...but just too much of an egomaniac to have a positive longer term impact.

So if I was a basket case of a club looking to shake things up for a year or 2 then maybe (I’m looking at you Eels, Titans, possibly dragons). Otherwise...’no’.

mxlegend99

Referee
He’s a bit like Ricky Stuart. Can be a good rallying force for a year or 2...but just too much of an egomaniac to have a positive longer term impact.

So if I was a basket case of a club looking to shake things up for a year or 2 then maybe (I’m looking at you Eels, Titans, possibly dragons). Otherwise...’no’.
In the past 5 years Panthers have won week 1 of finals 4 times. In the same period there have been numerous teams to either not play a finals match or not win if they did.

Latest posts