What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WrestleMania 32

Valheru

Coach
As predicted, this was a solid/good wrestling show, however that just doesn't cut it for Wrestlemania. None of the matches were horrible but none were brilliant either with everything (battle royal aside) hovering around the 2-3.5 star mark.

The first part of the show featured very odd booking decisions. I can live with the Ryder win but Jericho, LoN and Charlotte just made no sense. This is Wrestlemania, where the faces should win 90% of the time and the heel wins only if it makes sense.

Lesnar/Ambrose was decent and one of the few matches that was booked according to its build up. The whole build up was about Ambrose not caring what happens to him and he only had a chance with the use of weapons. That was the exact story told in the ring.

Shane/Taker was not booked well with Shane kicking out of a choke slam on the stairs and powering out of a dragon choke, 2 moves main eventers have lost to. The spot on the top of the cell was nice but how stupid was the whole bolt cutter scenario? Why not just rig that panel of the cell to collapse so it looks like Undertaker legitimately speared him through it? Finally, if there was any match that would benefit from interference, this was it and they didn't pull the trigger.

I was fine with the guest appearances. Some people may get salty that LoN and Wyatt family were jobbed out to legends (and Cena) but let's be honest, apart from possibly Seamus, the rest are and always will be consigned to mid card status at best.

The main event - Steph looked great and the monologue to start was a nice touch and at least in character for the authority. The predicted result happened with Reigns getting booed out of the building and winning the title. I do feel really sorry for Roman, he was one of the hottest faces before 90% of the fan base spat the dummy because Daniel Bryan didn't win the RR. In the case of Batista it was understandable but Roman is at least a full time talent and it made sense for him to win at the time. Anyways, it will be interesting to see what they do next, maybe they will troll the IWC by having Cena v Reigns, I wonder who gets booed the most there.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Cena v Reigns with one of them going heel is really their only option now. Trips and the authority was played out two years ago and any other heel talent they've either buried or stuck in 50/50 midcard hell.

lafai

Bench
Cena v Reigns with one of them going heel is really their only option now. Trips and the authority was played out two years ago and any other heel talent they've either buried or stuck in 50/50 midcard hell.

Kane is always in these post WM feuds so maybe he'll vs Reigns. :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
My thoughts......

Ladder match: didn't see

AJ v Jericho: I enjoyed this match. But I thought AJ should have won, & the ending was a let down just off a code breaker. AJ should have won with his finisher, the way they built it up

League of Nations v New Day: I don't even remember the match. Only good thing was Stone Cold SNEANS Austin.

Brock v Ambrose: Not bad at all, but I felt a bit let down. I sorta seen Foley giving Ambrose 'Barbie' a passing of the torch of sorts..... but he didn't even get to use it.

Women's championship: I usually walk away when it's woens wrestling, but it was a really good match I thought. But f**k me dead, do they have to make Charlotte win via Ric cheating every time? It will would make her look so much better than let her do it on their own - if you do it via interference everytime, the fans will resent it, & you're doing women's wrestling no favours.

Takers v Shane: A let down considering the hype. I was also disappointed because I expected a plot twist. I love how ballsy Shane is though. Respect.

Battle Royal: Just a bit of fun.

Mainevent: It's just flat out bizarre.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I feel like they took time and action away from Ambrose v Lesnar so that the McMahon/Taker match would stand out more.

JohnDoe

Juniors
WWE missed a golden opportunity to have Sasha Banks become a main stream star. Snoop Dogg put her over as a huge star, with the HOF shot out and Wrestlemania entrance. But instead they have Charlotte win the title thanks to some near 70 year old geriatric helping her, who just won't go away.

lafai

Bench
WWE missed a golden opportunity to have Sasha Banks become a main stream star. Snoop Dogg put her over as a huge star, with the HOF shot out and Wrestlemania entrance. But instead they have Charlotte win the title thanks to some near 70 year old geriatric helping her, who just won't go away.

I'll reserve judging that one until tomorrow since Bayley might debut and challenge Charlotte but I certainly did think Sasha was gonna win.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Corbin winning was a nice touch, although of all of the NXT guys deserving of promotion and a push - he wouldn't have been in my top ten.

redvscotty

First Grade
Ok, weird card, felt like ages to watch the whole lot, and I didnt watch the pre show.

Zayn destroyed Owens. Happy Ryder won. He's been up for it for years. It's not over yet. Can see Zayn and Owens fighting for the IC soon.

New day match was shit, no titles was shit, outcome was shit. Rusez and Woods copping Stunners was great and they both sold it perfectly.

Women's match botched a fair bit, Was spewing Banks didnt win.

Styles should have won.

THe boos for Reigns were embarrassing.

Shane vs Taker was meh despite the one spot.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I reckon Corbin's Raw debut will be him destroying Ryder to win the title.

Vince will love it.

Parra Pride

Coach
I don't know if Corbin will just be straight onto RAW, the finish to his match with Aries definitely leaves room for more there. Could pull double duty, I suppose.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
JR is usually that guy who either dances around direct criticism or tells fans to be patient and let the story play out before judging. To hear him be so blunt really says a lot IMO.

Latest posts