What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WSOP Nov 9 kicks off in a couple of days

Who's your pick?

I reckon O'Dea will win it, comes from good Poker stock and isn't afraid to make the tough plays. I think Lamb is the danger.

1 ) Martin Staszko 40,175,000
2 ) Eoghan O’Dea 33,925,000
3 ) Matt Giannetti 24,750,000
4 ) Phil Collins 23,875,000
5 ) Ben Lamb 20,875,000
6 ) Badih Bounahra 19,700,000
7 ) Pius Heinz 16,425,000
8 ) Anton Makievskyi 13,825,000
9 ) Sam Holden 12,375,000

f**king ESPN.

It was on today.

They plug the hell out of Sunday night replays of the earlier stuff but do f**k all advertising of the live final table.

Pricks.

Crushed for Gianetti, the bloke played awesome poker and got outdrawn by two bluffers when well ahead and after making great reads.

Ben Lamb will probably win it, the bloke has more arse than Jessie the elephant.

Mr Chook

Juniors
****SPOILER ALERT****(incase you're waiting for the highlights coverage)

Ben Lamb lasted all but 4 hands and was knocked out in 3rd place. Lamb was crippled on the very first hand of the day after miss-reading Staszko's re-raise and shoving with KJ. Staszko made the call with 77 which held up. 3 hands later Lamb shoved with rags, Staszko snap called with JJ to knock Lamb out.

This set up a marathon heads up session between Staszko & Heinz which lasted well over 100 hands over about 5 hours. Both held substantial chip leads at one time or another. Heinz took the early initiative with his hyper aggressive style but Staszko came back several times with some very good play to eventually take a commanding lead, at one stage holding approx 160mill chips to Heinz's 45mill.

Heinz's aggressiveness saw him recover somewhat to about 80mill in chips when the decisive hand of the tournament happenned...

On a flop of K/J/rag (two clubs) Heinz put out a bet of approx 5mill holding AQ hearts. Staszko, holding Q9 clubs raised to about 11mill. After tanking for about 2 minutes Heinz re-raised all-in. Staszko had about a 15sec think before calling. Both turned over and Heinz was amazed to find himself in front.

The AQ held up the roles were reversed with Heinz the massive chip lead.

This obviously crushed Staszko as he shoved for approx $35mill only a few hands later with 10/7 clubs. Heinz snap called with AK.

Both hands missed altogether & Pius Heinz is the 2011 WSOP Main Event Champion collecting $8.7mill.

Flapper

First Grade
I was watching it while I was playing a tourney which is always difficult :lol: