What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

The Rosco

Bench
Good read again mate.
With the twins that weren't enjoying themselves . . . this is where it gets serious, I guess. You've seen it in footy, me in soccer. If they don't want the responsibility of doing the extra's, they inevitably fall by the wayside. Plenty of rep level teams have blokes that are more committed . . . and plenty of kids that are more talented simply don't have the drive to commit to the higher levels.
It's a shame, but life's like that.

Good read again mate.
With the twins that weren't enjoying themselves . . . this is where it gets serious, I guess. You've seen it in footy, me in soccer. If they don't want the responsibility of doing the extra's, they inevitably fall by the wayside. Plenty of rep level teams have blokes that are more committed . . . and plenty of kids that are more talented simply don't have the drive to commit to the higher levels.
It's a shame, but life's like that.
Plus Rosco, some kids would have the drive but they have their heart set on school and uni and see that as a 2nd to support their family.

With the twins as an example, the club needs to have a Pacific Islander on the payroll, doesn’t necessarily have to be Samoan or Fijian but someone who can relate to the kids, I don’t even mean a Benji, perhaps someone who eventually made it through hard work. Let the kids play for fun and perhaps one day one of them might decide that they will give it a go, nothing wrong with making it at 25 or 26.

Tigerm

First Grade
Plus Rosco, some kids would have the drive but they have their heart set on school and uni and see that as a 2nd to support their family.

With the twins as an example, the club needs to have a Pacific Islander on the payroll, doesn’t necessarily have to be Samoan or Fijian but someone who can relate to the kids, I don’t even mean a Benji, perhaps someone who eventually made it through hard work. Let the kids play for fun and perhaps one day one of them might decide that they will give it a go, nothing wrong with making it at 25 or 26.
Yes, I was involved with junior footy on the Central Coast for about 15 years, some kids excel at an early age, and some don't, then as they get older it can reverse, but remembering they are kids and too many parents are pushing them way too hard, they lose interest. There's no point in peaking at 12 years of age?

The Rosco

Bench
Yes, I was involved with junior footy on the Central Coast for about 15 years, some kids excel at an early age, and some don't, then as they get older it can reverse, but remembering they are kids and too many parents are pushing them way too hard, they lose interest. There's no point in peaking at 12 years of age?
Tigerm . . . in soccer, and I'd say in footy as well, there is a heap of parents . . . generally the dad wears polo, and mum with lips and tits full of fillers, struts around in Lorna Jane stretchwear that is screaming for mercy . . . that would strive to see lil Jaekc lift the u/12 trophy. What's the point in peaking at 15, when half the kids have left the sport. Who's gonna see lil poopsikins win games then ?
I guess that junior league also has "academies" ?
That's a whole 'nuther discussion.

100% mate in regards to the tigers getting a Pacific Islander on the payroll. Create a mentoring role. Someone who knows the Culture, who knows whats its like growing up in a Pacific Island home that usually has 1 Parent working and 1 staying home looking after all the kids or both Parents working and the older Siblings looking after the younger Siblings.

That mentor needs to interact with the Parents constantly as this opportunity for 1 of their kids will never happen again. I know at the Warriors they have a Junior Warrior house which houses 4-5 up and coming kids and are looked after by a Married couple who live their and do their cooking for them and making sure they get to training. Its not like the usual cooking its dietry cooking set up by the Warriors management to help improve their habits in eating which leads to better preperation which leads to better performance etc. Rubin Wiki used to visit the house 3 times a week to check up on them and had a checklist and if their rooms were untidy or study not competed or washing not folded it would result in penalties. His penalites were fitness punishment.

Im unsure if the Tigers have a Cubs house or something similar which would be ideal to get a couple of these Pacific Island kids in an enviroment where they would eat healthy meals with decent portions and have consistant sleep patterns.

FYI

There looks to be a trial between Magpies and Bulldogs in a couple of weeks for
Harold Matts
SG Ball
Tarsha Gale

I know after this trial the final cuts will be made for the Harold Matts team a they finalise their squad. Its really tough in that squad with a lot of competition. Im planning on going along for a look so more than happy to do a write up for you guys about some future names coming through

Tigerm

First Grade
FYI

There looks to be a trial between Magpies and Bulldogs in a couple of weeks for
Harold Matts
SG Ball
Tarsha Gale

I know after this trial the final cuts will be made for the Harold Matts team a they finalise their squad. Its really tough in that squad with a lot of competition. Im planning on going along for a look so more than happy to do a write up for you guys about some future names coming through
That would be great, cheers.