What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF is wrong with this club?

Discuss, because I'm all out of ideas.

Bring in new coaching staff? No change.
Sign new players? Still no change.
Film a whole f**king documentary on how we're going to turn it around? Still no change.

I really don't get this club. The players should be ashamed of themselves with performances like that, and certain individuals should be ashamed of how they've performed over this past month where we could have bagged 4 points if it wasn't for their individual stupidity.

We are a dumb club and I don't know how it can be fixed.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Soulless club with no spirit.

Love scoring tries but not willing to put the hard yards in defence. Eg see Fifita.

Defence is all about attitude.

Soulless club with no spirit.

Love scoring tries but not willing to put the hard yards in defence. Eg see Fifita.

Defence is all about attitude.
Your mob were getting cricket scores put on them every second week, year after after, before Crowe and Holmes-a-Court stepped in to bail the bastards out.

Film a whole f**king documentary on how we're going to turn it around? Still no change.

I really don't get this club. The players should be ashamed of themselves with performances like that, and certain individuals should be ashamed of how they've performed over this past month where we could have bagged 4 points if it wasn't for their individual stupidity.

My club was hopeless for our first ten years and were routinely flogged. I thought I would never live to see the day we became a powerful side on the field, yet we did.

I don't know what the answer is for your club. It has a beautiful stadium, a large population all to themselves and a strong nursery. It should be stronger than the Cowboys and Knights.

There are talented youngsters in your squad to build a good team around. The tough bit is identifying seasoned first graders from other clubs who are willing to put in the hard yards to help the young blokes reach their potential. That's what Graham Murray did with the Cowboys.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Your mob were getting cricket scores put on them every second week, year after after, before Crowe and Holmes-a-Court stepped in to bail the bastards out.

My club was hopeless for our first ten years and were routinely flogged. I thought I would never live to see the day we became a powerful side on the field, yet we did.

I don't know what the answer is for your club. It has a beautiful stadium, a large population all to themselves and a strong nursery. It should be stronger than the Cowboys and Knights.

There are talented youngsters in your squad to build a good team around. The tough bit is identifying seasoned first graders from other clubs who are willing to put in the hard yards to help the young blokes reach their potential. That's what Graham Murray did with the Cowboys.
You mean after being excluded and having to build a team from scratch in a couple of months, which started off as a team of complete and utter rejects.

Yeah the same as the Titans.

I wonder if any player could say, "Hey I played for the Titans and I'm so proud of it".

Your mob also had millions injected into it from Murdoch for betraying the game and now they're bathing in pokie millions.

The Gold Coast continues to be a complete and abject failure in its current incarnation.

No soul.

No spirit.

When the going gets tough, they run and hide.

Fifita fits in well there.

How do we grow a culture?
How do we gain some soul?
How do we gain a bit of pride?

All this club, and past GC sporting enterprises know is failure. So how do you build from nothing but failure?

I love this club but I'm growing really tired of all the empty words that come out of it every year. Each year we're led to believe things will be better than the last but it's always the same old crap, the same old Titans displaying the same old gutless on-field performances no matter who is out there playing for us.

If the club isn't willing to address these issues then as far as I'm concerned we f**king deserve nothing more than to be kicked out of the comp.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade

Set up junior pathways in northern NSW. Establish a presence in this area, with school visits, clinics etc. Try to riase a generation of kids who want to play for your club. It can be done, but you won't do it by just buying established players.

In the short term a proven defensive coach is needed, and I'd also show Mal the door. He appears to be just a cost on the club's books and little more.

Latest posts