What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE 2K22

shiznit

Coach
Anyone getting this or already got it?

I see it comes out Friday but if you got the deluxe editions you can get it now…

I haven’t played a wrestling game for awhile and now my sons are getting into it I way going to grab it..

but people have said 2K20 was such a clusterf**k of a game it would pay to wait until this one comes out and see what it’s like…

from what I’ve seen it looks amazing…

interested to get the opinion of someone who’s played it.

Big Pete

Referee
I've been following the development of the game. Based on initial impressions it appears to be the smoothest release to date. The extra time spent in development has allowed TakeTwo to iron out a lot of the bugs so it appears that you won't have to worry about the game literally being unplayable like 2K20.

Gameplay-wise it's similar to 2K19, but the implementation of combos and block buttons has introduced a level of skill to the game that wasn't apparant in that release. Early impressions of MyRise, the single player campaign suggests it's the best to date with players being able to go down different scenarios through out the experience. Mysterio's showcase mode is also meant to be pretty enjoyable to play through as well.

GM Mode makes a return but it doesn't live up to past iterations. Ideally a GM Mode should give the player the freedom to book the show they want to. However in 2K22 you can only book two matches and you can't book any mid-card titles or gimmick matches. It's kind of a waste...

Personally I'm in no rush to get this game. I'd only buy it if I had a current generation console and since PS5's are still largely unavailable I'm going to have to give it a miss. Even so, I'd personally wait until mid-year sales or even Black Friday sales since I tend to play these games for a couple of weeks and rarely find myself returning to them much after.

However if you're hankering for a WWE game and you want the full experience with online PVP and community creations, it seems like you won't be disappointed if you become an early adopter.

shiznit

Coach
I've been following the development of the game. Based on initial impressions it appears to be the smoothest release to date. The extra time spent in development has allowed TakeTwo to iron out a lot of the bugs so it appears that you won't have to worry about the game literally being unplayable like 2K20.

Gameplay-wise it's similar to 2K19, but the implementation of combos and block buttons has introduced a level of skill to the game that wasn't apparant in that release. Early impressions of MyRise, the single player campaign suggests it's the best to date with players being able to go down different scenarios through out the experience. Mysterio's showcase mode is also meant to be pretty enjoyable to play through as well.

GM Mode makes a return but it doesn't live up to past iterations. Ideally a GM Mode should give the player the freedom to book the show they want to. However in 2K22 you can only book two matches and you can't book any mid-card titles or gimmick matches. It's kind of a waste...

Personally I'm in no rush to get this game. I'd only buy it if I had a current generation console and since PS5's are still largely unavailable I'm going to have to give it a miss. Even so, I'd personally wait until mid-year sales or even Black Friday sales since I tend to play these games for a couple of weeks and rarely find myself returning to them much after.

However if you're hankering for a WWE game and you want the full experience with online PVP and community creations, it seems like you won't be disappointed if you become an early adopter.
Ohhh that sucks about the MyGM… that was one of the modes I was wanting to try…

I had thoughts about having the IC back in business like it used to… that sucks they paired it back like that..

bileduct

Coach
Man, I haven't played a good wrestling game since WWF Attitude and WCW/nWo Thunder on the gaystation back in the late 90s. Was keen to have another crack recently but then saw the shocking reviews for 2K20 and gave it a skip.

Anyway, I just bought this... Will see how it goes.

shiznit

Coach
Man, I haven't played a good wrestling game since WWF Attitude and WCW/nWo Thunder on the gaystation back in the late 90s. Was keen to have another crack recently but then saw the shocking reviews for 2K20 and gave it a skip.

Anyway, I just bought this... Will see how it goes.
Yeah so did I… 😂

Only issue I had was i have no f**king idea who all these current wrestlers are…

Playing tomato campo vs the nakamuta guy just didn’t cut it for me so I ended up paying the extra $5 to unlock all the legends from the jump… 😂😂

then had a bit of a blast having Goldberg fight Ric Flair on Nitro… 😂😂

I didn’t get to play too long last night but it looks pretty good so far.

bileduct

Coach
Yeah so did I… 😂

Only issue I had was i have no f**king idea who all these current wrestlers are…

Playing tomato campo vs the nakamuta guy just didn’t cut it for me so I ended up paying the extra $5 to unlock all the legends from the jump… 😂😂

then had a bit of a blast having Goldberg fight Ric Flair on Nitro… 😂😂

I didn’t get to play too long last night but it looks pretty good so far.

Yeah I got the nWo Edition with the season pass and all DLC.

I'm a bit of a button masher at the moment so it's kinda frustrating until I get used to the controls. Lasted literally 10 seconds in a Royal Rumble... Went to punch someone and somebody else just heavy kicked me right over the ropes.

shiznit

Coach
Our family have been in self isolation for a week due to a positive COVID test so i thought this would be perfect entertainment…

Turns out my two sons have been getting cabin fever and have been scrapping the house down so now they’ve been banned from the Xbox… which effectively bans ME from the Xbox during the daytime so I gotta get the gaming in at night… I never had this issue when I last played wrestling games… #DadProblems 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

so far I’ve managed to spend hours making my MyRise character and I’ve fought a couple of fights…

My dude is Scott Steiner Jr… a bit taller than his old man but looks the part… 😂😂

having a blast with this game so far… when I’m allowed on it of course… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

bileduct

Coach
Really enjoying the GM mode at the moment, as I do tend to prefer manager mode in these kinds of games.

I don't know how it compares to previous games, but it is kinda disappointing how there's no tag team belts, and it is pretty limited as far as match types go and there's zero stipulations. Still, fun to build rosters, book cards and develop rivalries all while competing with another GM.

Booking my second PPV as I type...

bileduct

Coach
The more I play this MyGM mode the more annoying it is. I had a really good personal feud happening between Natalya and Nia Jax, and to keep things interesting I would occasionally give them partners and put them in a tag team match against each other. The tag team match contributes nothing to the personal feud, and actually diminishes it. Pretty f**kin dumb.

bileduct

Coach
This game is buggy as shit in spectate tbh... Look what happened during this TLC match I booked between Orton and Hogan. It eventually just crapped out and the game crashed. Seen a whole bunch of other really dumb shit too.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Seems to be heading in the right direction

However, some very bizarre creative decisions

For example, we now have a near complete DX stable (just missing Billy Gunn due to being in AEW) but they remove the DX theme?

Some big titles and arenas missing...Big Gold isn't there (World Heavyweight Championship), but it is with the nWo logo on it?! Unless it's an unlockable I haven't come across

GM mode, as someone touched on....why would you create a mode but leave out the tag titles and minor titles (ie IC, US). Why can we not book matches involving more than 4 people? It's rendered mid-card and tag teams pretty much useless. This experience is fun, but there should be a full GM mode that has these in.

nöyd

Staff member
Haven't played it myself, but isn't Universe mode just a bit larger version of GM mode?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Yes and No lol if that makes sense

GM mode has things like the draft, and you compete directly against the CPU. It basically puts you as the booker and your aim is to make your brand superior over the other brand.

Universe mode is more for story/cut scenes etc. It can happen organically (ie, auto booked), or you can book the matches yourself and sort of dictate what will happen. There's no real end goal as such, it's just continuous show after show etc

shiznit

Coach
I’m loving MyRise… just don’t get long enough to play it at the moment… 😂

gave my guy the Razors Edge as my 2nd finisher as a little tribute to Scott Hall… 😂😂

need to figure out my entrance music though… a little upbeat for a heal TBH…

haven’t touched anything else

Last edited:

nöyd

Staff member
Got burnt bad by the shitness that was 2K20, really hesitant to buy this, at least at full price.

Latest posts