What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Capitol Punishment 2011 *Spoilers*

Matt23

Staff member
WWE-Capitol-Punishment-2011-Poster.jpg

WWE Championship match
John Cena(c) vs R Truth

World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton(c) vs Christian

Grudge Match
Alex Riley vs The Miz

Intercontinental Title Match
Wade Barrett(c) vs Ezekiel Jackson

United States Title Match
Kofi Kingston(c) vs Dolph Ziggler

Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk

Big Show vs Alberto Del Rio

Last edited:

CMUX

Orton/Christian definitely needs to be the main event

Cena/Truth just doesn’t do it for me

Big Pete

Referee
WWE have pushed Truth too quickly, he needed at least another month or two to establish himself with strong booking and decent promo time to at least pose a decent threat to Cena. Instead it's a lose/lose situation where if Cena wins it's predictible and does nothing for either man or if Cena loses he looks incredibly weak because he got beaten by Truth. With that said, Truth has easily been the best part of Raw since Mania and while his in-ring work doesn't interest me it's good to see he's being rewarded for his hard work.

Should have made the match Punk/Cena or Mysterio/Cena.

Riley/Miz is another tough match. The way I'd book it is, I'd give The Miz a win but have Riley come oh so close to winning. Miz needs a win to get back on track while Riley can easily recover from a loss.

Orton/Christian should be another great match. Wish Christian would go over and they'd have Orton have to go through all this BS to earn a title match but the way Smackdown is being presented there appears to be only one person going over here.

Matt23

Staff member
I'm guessing there's also going to be a Punk/Mysterio & possibly a Bryan/Cody Rhodes added to the card as filler's.

Cena/Truth just doesn't appeal to me, I don't really find truth's promos that entertaining, apart from the one on Raw this week. He barely makes sense.

Miz/A-Ri should be interesting, hopefully Miz wins, although A-Ri has some serious ability so I hope he comes out looking good too.

Orton/Christian should be another decent match between the two, hopefully it ends the series though.

So, who do we reckon will chase the other titles on offer? My thoughts:

IC: Wade Barrett (C) vs Ezekiel Jackson

US: Kofi Kingston (C) vs Dolph Ziggler (I wish Zack Ryder won on Raw though)

Tag: David Otunga + Michael McGillicutty vs Santino Marella + Vladimir Kozlov

If we get 5 more matches (around 8 is usually the norm for a PPV), I'd like to see

1 Barrett vs Zeke (Zeke wins the strap off him, Barrett ascends to the WHC scene)
2 Bryan vs Rhodes (Bryan is awesome, and I'm loving "disfigured" Cody Rhodes)-Possibly turn it into a tag match, Bryan/Cara vs Rhodes/DiBiase
3 Punk vs Rey (there series last year was awesome)
4 Del Rio vs Big Show or Kane (yeah, it's happening)
5 Divas match (it'll happen)

Chanandalar

Juniors
Loving R Truth at the moment, so much better than his usual "whats up" rubbish, and its nice to see a different name up the top.

Would be a good finish to the truth cena match, if for some reason the ref got knocked down as truth hits his finish, he covers cena, and he would get the three, but the ref is still down. By the time the ref comes around, cena hits the AA and gets the win, would add more to Truths "conspiracy" talk. Thats what I would do anyway

^ Was going to write that exact finish, only adding that Truth snaps afterward when he realises what has happened and wrecks everything in sight, the referee, ringside, the ring, everything. Can even have him do a revenge attack on Cena if neccesary. I'd have him pick up the mic, scream a bunch of obscenities at the WWE (it is ppv afterall), and have the last scenes of the show show Truth being arrested and taken away, with no commentary whatsoever.

shiznit

Coach
are you f**king serious?? R-Truth??

i haven't watched wrestling since the wrestlemania buildup... but gee whizz... R-Truth??

i haven't watched wrestling since the wrestlemania buildup... but gee whizz... R-Truth??

Explaisn yoru suprise, but as someone had already said, a few more PPV matches could have been had before this match. Alas, if they book it right, it could work.

griffo346

First Grade
whats the meaning behind this ppv what did it replace

capitol punishment means to me like a extreame rules set up

Big Pete

Referee
It's basically acknowledging the location of the PPV, Washington DC.

It replaces Fatal 4-Way

griffo346

First Grade
thanks pete

but IMO i think it should have some match stipulations in it to reference the name of the ppv too

Big Pete

Referee
Personally I'm sick of the WWE glorifying gimmick matches to make a quick buck so this one off PPV comes as a breath of fresh air.

With that said, I wish it didn't exist at all.