What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Network

afinalsin666

First Grade
$10 a month, minimum 6 month subscription, includes all PPVs while you are signed up.

Includes all the WWF/E, WCW, and ECW PPVs from history on demand, with old raw and smackdowns.

Current raw and smackdowns will be available after a delay of some kind, probably a day or so. Will almost definitely be available live when they renegotiate the TV rights.

New content like Legends House, pre and post shows for raw and smackdown, and interviews with wrestlers about old Wrestlemanias.

Uncensored content I'm pretty sure, parents can block adult content. Benoit will be in, after a disclosure before the video starts.

Only in the us for now, but it may be possible to sign up under a blocker like hola. I have Netflix, let's hope we can get this as well.
Looking at officially dropping in Aus by the end of the year apparently.

Drops February 24th. WWE have hit a slam dunk with this. I'm excited to finally wipe the many gigs of ppvs off my PC.

Special K

Coach
Wonder how much they will try and charge us. At $10 a month including ppvs it's a great deal. I might look into hola etc

Big Pete

Referee
I'd imagine it'd be about $15-20 Australian.

On the surface, it's a very good package but the fear will be how it survives long term. Right now, Wrestlemania XXX is the tasty carrot they're dangling in-front of the US audience and that should be enough to establish a large enough consumer base but beyond that things could get iffy.

Right now, a lot of their original content isn't that much to write home about. They've got a couple of nice documentary shows, the Monday Night Wars with the likes of Punk etc. commenting looks like fun but then you get a crappy VH1 wannabe reality show in Legends House.

They'll have to come up with more if they want to appeal to fans and really come up with some innovative PPVs to keep fans intrigued. Now that they have fans committed for six months, they can afford to be a little experimental, especially during that post-SummerSlam period which traditionally has been creatively sparse.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Im still in shock there only charging 10 bucks a month and you have to pay no extra on PPV, Thought they would never do that.

shiznit

Coach
It's f**king AWESOME if you ask me...

I haven't watched wrestling for a while... havent bought a PPV for years.

I wont be getting it as I'm not in to it...

But the UFC released they're digital network called fight pass and it's not as good as this.

They only have 5 or 6 lower level shows in new markets which are exclusive to fight pass the rest is the fight library.

It works out to be 6.99 US a month... So it's less... But I'd happily pay up to 15-20 US a month if they included all the UFC PPVs

afinalsin666

First Grade
I reckon they should go into partnership with some Japanese companies. It would be relatively inexpensive to sub and add their b commentators for the shows, and that would in turn bump Japanese subscribers, and add star power to any Japanese wrestlers they bring in in the future.

Hell, they could just loan their infrastructure to ring of honor to do ppvs. If they built it up, more wwe casuals that sub to the network would watch, building more star power for when they bring their wrestlers up.

The sky is truly the limit for how far they want to take wrestling.

WWE did that with ECW (like you're saying with ROH) mainly as a way to screw with WCW. WWE doesn't see TNA in the same way as they did with WCW, and outside of the back story for CM Punk or Daniel Bryan they don't acknowledge ROH either. If their proposed Cruiserweight show comes about, then I would expect to see some Japanese talents come in, and Tajiri + TAKA Michinoku have been talked about as vets for that product.

Includes all the WWF/E, WCW, and ECW PPVs from history on demand, with old raw and smackdowns.

Any idea if this is select content or if it is every raw and smackdown? I would love to be able to go back and watch every raw is war during the attitude era (and monday nitro as well)

afinalsin666

First Grade
Any idea if this is select content or if it is every raw and smackdown? I would love to be able to go back and watch every raw is war during the attitude era (and monday nitro as well)

It will most likely be in blocks i would say. But they may just chuck all them on. Not sure yet.

Big Pete

Referee
It will be in blocks - although they will start off with the Monday Night Wars which has it's own programming.

ECW's Hardcore TV will also be featured.