What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Network

Pippen94

First Grade
Just flicked on the opening Thunder out of curiosity. One thing I liked about WCW around this time is that instead of pausing the show to run us through every match graphic, they'd treat it like breaking news with Schiavone relaying it through out the show. It just added to the live presentation and made it feel more like a sport instead of an infomercial.

Plenty of star-power on the show as well and they really seemed to be pushing upsets. Chris Adams goes over Randy Savage and I had completely forgotten Scott Hall put over Ray Traylor later in the show. They also had Sting, Hogan, Nash, Hall, DDP etc. on the show with Juvi winning the Cruiser title.

I've been skipping around WCW a lot lately. I also flicked on the go-home show for Slamboree '99 where Flair has escaped the mental asylum and challenges DDP for the title. Did it ever came out why Savage wanted to keep the title on DDP so bad?

WWE revisionism has reduced the WCW to being completely irrelevant after the Fingerpoke of Doom. Goldberg retires Bret, Arquette wins the title, Bash at the Beach 2000, then we're at Panama for the final episode. I'm curious to dig deeper and see what WCW were trying to do to turn things around.

it was lowest common denominator stuff back then. So much other wrestling out there to watch..

Big Pete

Referee
it was lowest common denominator stuff back then. So much other wrestling out there to watch..
That's partially why I'm curious about it. For a show that was watched by millions and was one of the biggest things on television, it's crazy how little it resonated with audiences come 1999.

What other wrestling would you recommend?

Pippen94

First Grade
That's partially why I'm curious about it. For a show that was watched by millions and was one of the biggest things on television, it's crazy how little it resonated with audiences come 1999.

What other wrestling would you recommend?

Something modern. Pretty much any company u choose these days will be good. I was a teenager & watched wcw (mainly for gorgeous George, Torrie & Stacey), but even then I realized the show along with most of WWF was crass. If somebody told me 25 years later ppl would be following shows like they are I'd never believe it..

Big Pete

Referee
It's easy to get burnt out on the modern product. These older shows work as a palette cleanser, especially when they're more readily available than they were back in the day.

Pippen94

First Grade
It's easy to get burnt out on the modern product. These older shows work as a palette cleanser, especially when they're more readily available than they were back in the day.

..why do I get the feeling when u say product u are only taking about wwe?!

Latest posts