What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE 'News and Notes' Thread

thuganomics

Coach
Taken from another forum:

Dr. Tom Pritchard's new hotline stated:

The 2nd edition of ECW ONE NIGHT STAND will revolve around Terry Funk

Everyone is very high on Finlay at the moment and think that he could possibly be the next Stone Cold

Two of the ideas being thrown around are a ladder match and a street fight for the HBK/Shane McMahon showdown

The Rumble was going to go last but Taker thought his return would garner more buys for the show if he closed it out

Booker T is still nursing his injury even though he's back in action

Steven Richards stated that his job is secure even though he's being paid to sit at home

The Spirit Squad gimmick was created as a punishment for those w ith superstar egos in OVW

Sharmell has expressed interest in posing for Playboy

One of the main events being passed around for Mania is Rey vs Triple H for the WWE Championship

Vince McMahon was said to have no problem with London using the SSP to the outside because the move was never banned just limited for special moments

Matt Hardy is still being humbled for disrespecting The Undertaker and injuring Booker T

Chris Benoit was the one behind Rey's dedication gimmick and he and others backed strongly for Rey to win the rumble
Thoughts?

Misanthrope

Staff member
The Rumble was going to go last but Taker thought his return would garner more buys for the show if he closed it out

f**khead. I knew there was a reason I hated Mark Calloway. Way to skull-f**k my favourite PPV.

Everyone is very high on Finlay at the moment and think that he could possibly be the next Stone Cold

Ok, I like him, but no. No he isn't.

The Spirit Squad gimmick was created as a punishment for those w ith superstar egos in OVW

That's typical of the WWE. They take some of the few future stars they have in OVW and they do this. Jeter and Doane are future main eventers, and whilst they may have egos, so does Orton - and he's getting a push.

Chris Benoit was the one behind Rey's dedication gimmick and he and others backed strongly for Rey to win the rumble

If that's true, haha, f**k you to everyone who was pissing and moaning.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Interesting. I like Finlay. Apart from his mic work.

Two of the ideas being thrown around are a ladder match and a street fight for the HBK/Shane McMahon showdown

Could be sweet.

Huh? Interesting...Details? lol

Please...No...

One of the main events being passed around for Mania is Rey vs Triple H for the WWE Championship

That would be such a great contest.

Vince McMahon was said to have no problem with London using the SSP to the outside because the move was never banned just limited for special moments

Excellent news!

Matt Hardy is still being humbled for disrespecting The Undertaker and injuring Booker T

When did he injure Book and disrespect Taker? lol. Good on them for punishing him.

That's awesome - Rey rocks.

Misanthrope

Staff member
When did he injure Book and disrespect Taker? lol. Good on them for punishing him.

When Undertaker returned he was cleaning house on the entire Smackdown roster and Matt Hardy was booked to take a chokeslam. Instead he just rolled to the outside. In Undertaker's world, that's disrespecting him.

I wish he'd retire.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol:
FINLEY... THE NEXT STONE COLD!
OMG!!!!
thats f**king gold!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
CWBush said:
When Undertaker returned he was cleaning house on the entire Smackdown roster and Matt Hardy was booked to take a chokeslam. Instead he just rolled to the outside. In Undertaker's world, that's disrespecting him.

I wish he'd retire.

:lol: Serious?

I really respect The Undertaker (aka Mark Calloway) for everything he's done...But that is just ridiculous...

thuganomics

Coach

Would be sweet. The King of Hardcore along with Foley.

He's good...But the next Austin? Don't think so

I'm all for Shane O'Mac vs HBK. A Ladder or a Street fight would be sweet.

That explaines it...

Makes sence

*hits self in head with frying pan*

Would love to see it. Don't know how they can build it up with Cena being the champ.

Thats good news

If Benoit agrees with it, theres no reason why I shouldn't.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I really respect The Undertaker (aka Mark Calloway) for everything he's done...But that is just ridiculous...

I used to love the guy, but you just have to look at his record. One of the key players in 'squashing' WCW during the Invasion (backstage, that is), he's the guy who introduced the sudden desperate need for every main eventer to have a finisher, he loves shoot fighting, and he's the ass who decided the Rumble should not be last :roll:

MrCharisma

Bench
Gotta say Chris is talking alot of sense...

I'm curious about this next 'Stone Cold' however....

Raider_69

Post Whore

Good idea in a sense, Funk played a pivitol role in ECW, but geez, he have to be in the ring with a good brawler or tech guy to get a good match from him these days

:lol: still cracking up at this

Good idea, get the shane thing over quickly so they can get on with Vince V HBK

Nice one taker... you f**king dunce... the rumble blew chunks thanks to you...

meh... dont care, not high on Booker to be honest... mid carder, wish he would go and make room for an AJ Styles or something

Steven Richards stated that his job is secure even though he's being paid to sit at home

that sh*ts me, Stevey is ordinary, been squashed to a point of no return

The Spirit Squad gimmick was created as a punishment for those with superstar egos in OVW

Hmmm typically WWE... two these blokes have a genuine future, not sure this type of punishment is good for them.

Good for her... not my pick of the bunch but more power to her

Bad bad idea... Rey cant main event mania imo, its as simple as that.

bullsh*t, vince has been trying to tone down cruisers for ages...

Meh for taker, meh for hardy... hardy sh*ts me, and so does taker... dont care

[QOUTE]Chris Benoit was the one behind Rey's dedication gimmick and he and others backed strongly for Rey to win the rumble[/QUOTE]

pathetic, as i suggested, its a gimmick... im disappointed in Beniot for backing this tbh...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Piss 'Taker off, he's a no-hoper in the ring and he won't even ditch his badass wrestling attire to suit his gimmick.

I like the Spirit Squad thing, having an ego is why Brock Lesnar no longer works for WWE, it's his ego that ruined his career. Good way to sort them out.

Rey vs HHH sounds pretty good to me, I think Trips could get Rey over a a genuine main eventer. Plus it would mean no more belt for Cena.

Sharmell? No thanks, but I like her gimmick and hope she sticks around. Get Maria in Playboy instead (I'd prefer Stacy or Ashley but Stacy would never do it and Ashley's already been in it).

If it was Benoit behind this gimmick then good, because it may cheer him up a bit that they're going through with it and hopefully keep him in WWE.

And lastly.. I'd love to have Steven Richards' job :).

Eelectrica

Referee
That would be awesome. Terry Funk for the HOF this year? (Unless he's already been inducted)

I'm no expert, but I don't see it. I see it in Ken Kennedy though.

I figured it would be a street fight, but I'm curious as to what could be up for grabs in a ladder match. I guess a WWE contract renewal or something.

How does that make sense? No one knew he was coming out last before the Rumble so how could it increase the buy rate? Unless their talking DVD sales, in which case I disagree.

I figured as much

Where can I get a job like that? Vince, put him in some cruiser weight matches FFS.

Please don't.

I wouldn't mind that. I enjoyed watching them go one on one during the Rumble.

That's cool

And yet Mark Henry is in the RR ME after putting Batista on ice for around 6 months and allegedly injuring Angle. Someone explain that to me again.

Kudos to Chris.

PARANoIR

Bench
lol @ Taker's ego. bahahahaha. They should put him in the spirit squad. The guys in the spirit squads egos combined still wouldnt be as big as Takers.

Finlay the next Stone Cold? Lol. Yeah right. Did they forget to mention that the guys about 48?

Spirit Squad punishment? Yeah, thats good way to ruin Johnny Jeter, Ken Doane and Nick Nameths careers. All future main eventers. Go to TNA lads.

Booker T? *yawn* PISS OFF, Youre starting to be hated..now...CAN YOU DIG THAT...SUCKAAAAAAAAAAA?

Sharmell...you're a grub. I would like to run you over.

Rey v Hunter will never happen. Who says Rey can't main event mania? Is it because having the most over face in the WWE atm main event mania would be just stupid? Yeah. okay.

Good for Benoit.

I agree with the bloke that said having Stevie Richards job would be cool. lol. They should bring back the BWO, that was cool while it lasted. Has he been seen since the GAB?

Shane v HBK is just gonna be a giant spot fest, regardless of what sort of stipulation it has.

Terry Funk is a hero. Bring it on. FUNK V SABU - BARBWIRE MASSACRE :D

And lastly, I feel sorry for Hardy, although he whinges like a bitch, he shouldnt be punished for Taker having a big ego and wanting to get in an extra choke slam.

PARANoIR

Bench
Eelectrica said:
And yet Mark Henry is in the RR ME after putting Batista on ice for around 6 months and allegedly injuring Angle. Someone explain that to me again.

You see Henry has something Hardy doesnt - fat, muscle and size which = instant boner for vince.

Raider_69

Post Whore
PARANoIR said:
Rey v Hunter will never happen. Who says Rey can't main event mania? Is it because having the most over face in the WWE atm main event mania would be just stupid? Yeah. okay.

he's not the biggest face in the company... angle is, even as his current tweener stage...
and no he cant main event mania. Love them or hate them, on Raw HHH and Cena, maybe edge are more viable maineventers and on Smackdown Angle and Randy Orton are the best options to headline... and thats not even considering Batista when he return

rey should be getting his deserved title shot at NWO or got it at the rumble, not taker and henry. But headlining the biggest event of the year.

PARANoIR

Bench
Raider_69 said:
he's not the biggest face in the company... angle is, even as his current tweener stage...

bullsh*t.

Raider_69 said:
and no he cant main event mania. Love them or hate them, on Raw HHH and Cena, maybe edge are more viable maineventers and on Smackdown Angle and Randy Orton are the best options to headline... and thats not even considering Batista when he return

rey should be getting his deserved title shot at NWO or got it at the rumble, not taker and henry. But headlining the biggest event of the year

Im not arguing that HHH, Angle and Orton are more realistic options to main event.

Rey is on par with Edge and Cena. Cena will be getting booed again if he is still champ by mania, and Rey leaves Edge for dead in the ring, plus his character is becoming very bland.

MrCharisma

Bench
To me, the WWE has squashed the idea of 'the little guy'

I want Rey to headline Mania, I really really do... but whenever I think about it, I think of Big Show Vs. Spike Dudley.

Big Show just throws Spike around the ring like a bag of sh*t... and this is what makes it unbelieveable to me. Not that he doesn't deserves it, but I don't think I can handle the underdog and 'David Vs. Goliath' story every week

PARANoIR

Bench
The only blokes in the WWE I think that could really put up a David v Goliath type feel with Rey are Bigshow, Kane, Batista, Henry and possibly Masters and Lashley

MrCharisma

Bench
Too me, that's too many... that's up to 6 wrestlers that are more believeable champions then Rey.

How can you honestly see Rey winning a match against Big Show?
How can you honestly see Rey winning a elimination chamber?
How can you honestly see Rey winning a Iron Man match?

It's unbelievable.. that's my problem

PARANoIR

Bench
How is it unbelievable that Rey could win an iron man match? Hes reknownd for his fighting strength.

Bigshow - fair call.

Elimination Chamber - 3 letters...E - C - W...they could make it believable.

Latest posts