What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble Thread *May Include Spoilers*

thuganomics

Coach

Thread can be used for talk about the Royal Rumble. Could be the card you would like to see at the PPV, History etc.

thuganomics

Coach
My 30 Man Royal Rumble:

RAW:

Carlito
Chris Masters
Kane
Triple H
Big Show
Chavo Guerrero
Shelton Benjamin
Ric Flair
Trevor Murdoch
Kurt Angle
Rob Conway
Rob Van Dam *Surprise entrant*
Gregory Helmes
Matt Striker
??

SD!

Boogeyman
Chris Benoit
Booker T
JBL
Lashley
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Matt Hardy
Kid Kash
Juventud
Orlando Jordon
Undertaker
??
??
??

WWE Title match - Edge vs Cena (c)
World Title match - Batista (c) vs Mark Henry
WWE Tag Titles - Mexicools vs MnM - Cage match??

PARANoIR

Bench
Mark Henry as Champ? *raises wtf sign*

Id actually like to see a Ladder match for the Tag Straps. Thatd be quite cool.

Id say RVD will definitely be in the rumble and Id reckon he'll eliminate Carlito or the Current IC title holder. Watch for CM Punk to be included in the rumble somewhere..man Id love to see Brock Lesnar run down in the rumble..that would be sweet.

thuganomics

Coach
PARANoIR said:
Mark Henry as Champ? *raises wtf sign*

Typo

PARANoIR said:
Id actually like to see a Ladder match for the Tag Straps. Thatd be quite cool.

Either one would be good. Another match that would be added will be Benoit vs Booker in match 7. That would have a stipulation to it you would assume...

PARANoIR said:
Id say RVD will definitely be in the rumble and Id reckon he'll eliminate Carlito or the Current IC title holder. Watch for CM Punk to be included in the rumble somewhere..man Id love to see Brock Lesnar run down in the rumble..that would be sweet.

As long as there are a few surprise entrants I'm happy.

PARANoIR

Bench
I wouldnt be surprised to see Benoit and Booker inside a cage. That way Sharmell will be kept out.

Eelectrica

Referee
My card for Royal Rumble:
Raw matches:
WWE Title
John Cena Vs Edge (Cashes in MITB)

Raw Tag team title
Kane & Big Show Vs A hastily put together tag team who rob Kane & BS of their titles thus starting a feud between them right in time for Wrestlemania.

SD! Matches
World Heavy weight championship
Batista Vs Mark Henry (No DQ)
US Title match 7
30 minute Iron man match

Rumble:
Raw:
1. Edge
2. Kurt Angle
3. Triple H
4. Shaw Michaels
5. Carlito
6. Chris Masters
7. Kane
8. Big Show (Could start feud here)
9. Chavo
10. Snitsky
11. Viscera
12. Shelton Benjamin
13. RVD? Or Viscera
14. Lance Cade
15. Trever Murdoch

SD!
1. Boogeyman
2. JBL
3. Juvetud
4. Psychosis
5. Super Crazy
6. Joey Mercury
7. Johnny Nitro
8. Paul London
9. Bobby Lashley
10. Paul Burchill
11. Orlando Jordan
12 Rey Mysterio
13. Randy Orton
14. Matt Hardy
15. Kid Kash

PARANoIR

Bench
I wouldnt be one bit surprised to see Show eliminate Kane or vise versa whilst still being Tag Champs, which will start their feud.

W.Smith

Juniors
Have Kane and Show ever feuded ?

Iremember them havin a fall out when they teamed a couple years back but i cant recall them working a programme

thuganomics

Coach
They have feuded a few times before including in ring work. One that stands out is Wrestlemania 17 when they were against Raven in a triple Threat match for the Hardcore title. Also Summerslam 1999 when it was X-Pac and Kane vs Big Show and Undertaker.

Moffo

Referee
Sting should come down from the rafters, death drop all the lame sh*ts in the WWF but then get torture racked by Lex Luger followed by a clothesline over the top rope!

Big Pete

Referee
:laugh: If only that would happen.

Sadly from what I've heard Luger is in jail and Sting isn't coming to the WWE because of his catholic beliefs.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Unlike last year, where the WWE gave us both John Cena and Batista as possible and likely winners - we've not been gifted the same 'Jesus push' style build this year. So, who do you think is capable of winning the Royal Rumble? I'm going on the assumption that both Batista and John Cena will still be champions come Royal Rumble.

CANDIDATES
Randy Orton: The obvious choice, although he's still got unfinished business with Undertaker as far as I can tell. Still, Orton vs. Batista at Wrestlemania seems to be the logical choice for a Smackdown main event.
Triple H: We know a HHH vs. Cena feud is coming, but with the heel heat Cena's copping, I don't know how they'll work it without turning Triple H face. Still, it's hard to picture him staying out of the world title scene for much longer.
Chris Benoit: Assuming he ends up losing the series with Booker T (or later drops the title), Benoit isn't a bad choice - as he can carry most workers to a passable main event match.
Kurt Angle: God, I'd love to see him win it and then go on to win the strap, but given the WWE/Wrestlemania tradition of a face winning the big one - it doesn't look good for Kurt.
RVD: Some are touting him as a possible winner, but it'd be too much too soon, if you ask me.
Shelton/Lashley: Two guys who are being mentioned as possible winners, but in my eyes neither is ready - particularly Lashley. I could maybe buy Shelton, provided they started giving him a winning streak post Rumble, but Lashley is just not ready. He hasn't even wrestled a decent opponent yet.
Kane: He's my dark horse. He's being given his annual mega-push, and it could carry over to the Rumble to set up a pretty cool main event between him and Batista (can't see him vs. Cena being remotely interesting).

Anyone else?

thuganomics

Coach
CWBush said:
Randy Orton: The obvious choice, although he's still got unfinished business with Undertaker as far as I can tell. Still, Orton vs. Batista at Wrestlemania seems to be the logical choice for a Smackdown main event.
Triple H: We know a HHH vs. Cena feud is coming, but with the heel heat Cena's copping, I don't know how they'll work it without turning Triple H face. Still, it's hard to picture him staying out of the world title scene for much longer.
Kurt Angle: God, I'd love to see him win it and then go on to win the strap, but given the WWE/Wrestlemania tradition of a face winning the big one - it doesn't look good for Kurt.

All these 3 men are heels, and would be the favourites for the Royal Rumble. Im gonna say Orton or Mysterio will win the rumble, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a heel take it out.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mysterio is a real outsider. I think Vince is happy to play to the crowd's like of him to a certain extent, but actually letting him headline Wrestlemania does go against Vince's predaliction for big men. Besides, him feuding with a face champion (unless Cena has a heel turn coming up), won't play too well - although a feud between him and Cena would at least be plausible from a size standpoint.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think its Ortons to lose if he mouths off to the wrong backstager
Orton will win it IMO and will do it from a very low entry number, surviving a long time, ALA a beniot style win

outside him it will be HHH, the only other is Kane, who could be a smokey

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
If he didn't have the money in the bank already, I think winning the Rumble would be perfect for Edge. It could be just what he needs to put him over as a genuine main eventer (which he should be now) and I think he'd be a great champion. The problem is there aren't many ways of getting the MITB away from him without ruining the credibility of the WM main event.

Randy winning is supposedly a done deal though, which doesn't bother me as he's my favourite wrestler at the moment anyway, and really he's the only main eventer on Smackdown at the moment apart from Batista.