What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble Thread *May Include Spoilers*

d3@t3h

Juniors
In my day we beat the f**king crap out of posers like Cena
if Marky mark or Vanilla Ice was still around I beat them to

Tommy Smith

Referee
Re: the credibilty of Rey being able to win the WWE Championship at Mania, maybe they could make it into a Ladder match for the title. Because i personally dont believe he could beat someone like Angle let alone Taker in a normal match-up.

So maybe they could use the storyline of the champion saying what a waste of time it is to be facing Rey at Mania as they will beat him easily...because of this Vince makes it into a Ladder Match for the title - Angle vs Rey vs Orton, Angle vs Rey vs Edge or whoever in a Ladder Match for the title.

Id like to see that with Rey winning it. And then they could run with the storyline of Rey having to prove his true worth and crediblity by beating Orton for example in a normal match-up at the next main event.

Misanthrope

Staff member
There's a big rumour going around that at No Way Out it'll be Undertaker vs. Angle (victory unspecified) for the title and then Orton vs. Rey on the event for the Mania slot. That would set up either Angle vs. Orton or a final Orton vs. Undertaker match-up.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tommy Smith said:
I thought the Royal rumble winner was guaranteed a shot at the title at Wrestlemania?

Every year the Rumble winner has been given a shot at Mania but it is not a guaranteed right for a shot at Mania. I still expect Rey To win against Orton anyway. Imagine a Ladder match, Angle vs. Rey Mysterio for the title. I am hoping that Taker is NOT in the main event becuase otherwise the result is damn obvious!

Misanthrope

Staff member
I thought the Royal rumble winner was guaranteed a shot at the title at Wrestlemania?

As noted, it hasn't always been that way. In 1998 Vince won and handed his shot to The Rock. In 2000 The Rock 'won', lost the contendership to Big Show, and then gained his own place in the main event later.

So, feasibly Rey could lose it to Orton at No Way Out (since it seems clear that Angle will defend against Undertaker on the night) and it would set up Orton for the Wrestlemania main event.

thuganomics

Coach
CWBush said:
As noted, it hasn't always been that way. In 1998 Vince won and handed his shot to The Rock. In 2000 The Rock 'won', lost the contendership to Big Show, and then gained his own place in the main event later.

So, feasibly Rey could lose it to Orton at No Way Out (since it seems clear that Angle will defend against Undertaker on the night) and it would set up Orton for the Wrestlemania main event.

Vince won in 1999.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see Rey vs Angle vs Taker.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I wouldn't be shocked if we see Rey vs Angle vs Taker.

Heavy word (and I mean every source humanly possible) has said that this year's Royal Rumble winner will not feature in the Main Event.

thuganomics

Coach
Oops that was supposed to be Orton vs Rey vs Angle.

Dave Meltzar had got his facts wrong before, wouldb't be surprised to see him get it wrong again.

thuganomics

Coach
WWE.com said:
Only twice in history has the man who drew No. 1 gone on to win the Royal Rumble; never, however, had the man who started with him at No. 2 gone on to be victorious. In the 19th edition of the Rumble, that benchmark fell by the wayside, as No. 2 entrant Rey Mysterio went the distance to claim the main event of WrestleMania 22.

Wrong fact on WWE.com.

Vinnie Mac Actually won from number 2.

Iafeta

Referee
Go Rey! People in the house put them hands in the air for Rey Rey!

Do it for the WCdubb-ya alumni at Wrestlemania

tlk

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
I dont mind Rey but he wouldnt be my choice to win or headline WM....others disagree and thats fine. Im happy with him using Eddie as inspiration but does he have to use him in every second sentence?

"tonights for eddie"
"eddie will be with me"
"eddie i no youll help me pick a number here"
"eddie i bet your laughing at this" (after he drew #2)

I mean no disrespect but Im sure there were many other wrestlers in the WWE who were upset a great deal by the Eddie situation.

On the topic of #1 and #2 doing so well is ok I disagree. Its the fact its being used every 2nd to 3rd year now where the guy coming in there goes so well. I think its a once every 5 years minimum thing. But thats just me.

On another side note of the rumble,Carlito is turning into a great entertainer. Him and Reys close eliminations were probably the highlight of the rumble match.
agree ray is usin eddies death as a reason to gain a good result with everything,no disrespect, but like bbsf said its not just ray who are upset bout this but are not usin it.carlito will now cop the penety 4 his wrongs this is twice now that he has double crossed the master piece!he must now face the pain of the master lock!

Iafeta

Referee
Yes, but Chavo Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio in my book have a right to show grievance still over Eddie Guerrero given how truly close they were in and out of the ring.

I've got no beef with Rey using it whatsoever, if anything, it just keeps the Guerrero name in the limelight and keeps the Eddie chants strong. Lest we forget to acknowledge who he was and what he did for our "sport", and in Rey's case, in his life.

tlk

Bench
Iafeta said:
Yes, but Chavo Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio in my book have a right to show grievance still over Eddie Guerrero given how truly close they were in and out of the ring.

I've got no beef with Rey using it whatsoever, if anything, it just keeps the Guerrero name in the limelight and keeps the Eddie chants strong. Lest we forget to acknowledge who he was and what he did for our "sport", and in Rey's case, in his life.
i do see exactly wat ur saying but eddies memory will always live on,regaredless of weather or not sumone brings it up every tym they wrestle.

Ben

Bench
Bringing up the Eddie remarks keeps the fans happy and that is what Vince wants. He wants his fans to be there week in week out to watch his superstars wrestle.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Plus, Gregory Helms shocked everyone by entering the Open Invitational Match at the Royal Rumble, outlasting five SmackDown Superstars to become the new Cruiserweight Champion. What’s next for the former superhero now that he had brought the gold to RAW?

Source: WWE.com

Looks like they've brought the cruiserweight title to Raw? Why!? Who can they feud with Helms for it aside from Chavo?

CWBush said:
What is the problem with Rey winning the Rumble. He didn't eliminate any of the 'big men' in Kane, Lashley, Big Show, or Viscera - nor did he eliminate anyone in anything but an opportunistic way. He makes a perfect underdog babyface.

That his virtually a midget and its an insult to my intelligence that he outlasted many of the other people that made him look like a smurf.

He should be in the cruiserweight division or tag team division, I appreciate that other people feel differently but I will never by him as a legitimate contendor or as a heavy weight champion, its ridiculous.

Misanthrope

Staff member
That his virtually a midget and its an insult to my intelligence that he outlasted many of the other people that made him look like a smurf.

Did you even watch the Royal Rumble? Not once did he do anything to say he was anything other than a lucky little guy. He was inactive for large portions of it, hiding in a corner while the bigger men beat on one another. He didn't eliminate any larger guys except for HHH at the end, and that was done in a way that made it look like luck. They both started at the same time (Rey and HHH) but HHH eliminated a damn side more guys. In fact, didn't Rey only eliminate Psicosis before the final four?

Latest posts