What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Eelementary

Post Whore
Now, now, Botch Cara was released years ago. The current incarnation is played by Hunico, a very solid performer albeit he's not that spectacular and the gimmick is well and truly dead.

Fair enough.

Sin Cara is so uninspiring, that I never watch him wrestle.

Big Pete

Referee
The bloom came off the rose really quickly with the original Cara. The WWE had big plans for him and were going to push Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio and Cara as the biggest acts in the company to appeal to the Latino-American population. Then they brought him in and started him off 'hot' by having him work Chavo Guerrero when Chavo had well and truly seen better days. From there they just started getting too cute with the presentation, giving him that mood lighting and introducing a 'clone' storyline between him and Black Sin Cara (who happens to be the current Sin Cara).

Then to complicate matters, Mistico was notoriously sloppy, difficult to work with and kept suffering injury after injury. He maybe one of the bigger busts in WWE history given how he's generally perceived.

shiznit

Coach
Punk is sort of back mmm
I see twitter going crazy about it...

I don’t get what the big deal about it is... I heard a couple of weeks ago at least that he was working on a deal with Fox when they launched there WWE programming.

from what I remember he made it clear he was signing with Fox and would be working as an analyst type role for Fox. He said he wouldn’t have anything to do with the McMahons...

I’ve been expecting him to pop up on a Fox WWE program for awhile so when it happened today I wasn’t that surprised.

I can’t f**king remember for the life of me where I saw that interview.

Yeah he's signed to Fox, and it'll be sorta like Cormier was (is? ) with MMA analysis. meh tbh. AEW certainly missed out though if they stood any chance to get him in the ring.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah he's signed to Fox, and it'll be sorta like Cormier was (is? ) with MMA analysis. meh tbh. AEW certainly missed out though if they stood any chance to get him in the ring.
Not sure about the Cornier example... I think DC is signed to the UFC and even does the PPV’s which are all done in-house.

I think a better example might be Chael Sonnen.. he’s a signed Belator fighter and works in commentary and as an analyst at the desk for them also...

but he’s also signed with ESPN and has his own weekly show with Ariel Helwani and he does ESPN’s pre and post fight stuff for UFC events... but he strictly works with the ESPN side and has nothing to do with the UFC production.

mackdadday

Juniors
Renee: “did you watch Raw this week?”

Punk: “nope”

the end...

I wish i had done the same. Codswallop masquerading as content this week on RAW and Smackers...AEW on the other hand went close to a million viewers. which is almost half what WWE regularly gets. If they can keep producing like they have then the numbers diifference is going to close.

Latest posts