What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
Last one kind of died with the return of the NRL season, so thought I'd start a new.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Results from today...

Edge and Wade Barrett ended in a No Contest after Nexus chased Edge out of the arena.

Edge quit Team WWE

Jillian, Tamina and Alicia Fox def. Gail Kim, Eve Torres and Natalya after Fox pinned Natalya

Melina returned after the match and attacked the victorious team.

Sheamus def. Goldust via pinfall

John Cena def. Chris Jericho via submission in a loser leaves Team WWE match.

Michael Cole announced next week will feature John Cena and Bret Hart vs. Edge and Jericho in a NXT lumberjack match where if Cena and Hart lose, Jericho and Edge will take their spots.

Randy Orton def. The Miz via pinfall

Bicey_18

Bench
I can see Bret turning heel....

Jericho and Edge seem to be starting a little faction of their own and I can see Bret with them. I think Bret was the one who got them to sort out their differences and unite. Makes sense I think. Bret has stated on occasions how he would like to see WWE do a "Hart foundation" angle.. and i think we will see a Bret/Jericho/Edge/Hart dynasty faction taking on Nexus and Cena

I can see Miz joining the Nexus after his exchange with Cena and Bret. Went down something like
Miz: Just ask the question
Bret: You in or oot?
Miz: I want to hear it from both of you
Cena: You in or out?
Miz: I'll let you know Sunday.

jc155776

Coach
When did Daniel Bryan get released?

The place would go nuts and people would lose their sh*t if the seventh member was announced....

And the Final Countdown begins.....

Vengeance after being sold up the river by the Nexus and fired....

nöyd

Staff member
There is so much potential for something monumental to happen at Summerslam, alas I keep getting the feeling that they'll (WWE) f**k it up somehow.

Big Pete

Referee
- Raw opens with a Bret Hart promo. Jericho and Edge attack Hart.

The Miz def. Evan Bourne via pinfall

Melina def. Alicia Fox via pinfall

- Backstage R-Truth and Morrison announce they have each others backs. Henry appears and reveals to them he wishes to become a replacement and that his next match will be his audition.

Ted Dibiase Jr. vs. Mark Henry never got underway as Nexus attacked Henry before he got to the ring.

- Sheamus cuts a promo on Orton. Orton comes out and retaliates before Cole announces some stipulations for the match on Sunday. If Sheamus wins, Orton will drop to last on the contendership ranks but Sheamus cannot rely on outside interference and anyone who does interfere will be suspended indefinitely. The promo ends with the two guys going at it and Orton standing victorious.

Michael McGillicutty, Alex Riley and Husky Harris def. Kaval, Lucky Cannon and Percy Watson.

- Post Match: Sheamus attacks the NXT guys and claims he will still be WWE champion next week.

R-Truth and John Morrison def. William Regal and Zach Ryder via pinfall

The Bella Twins won a Triple Threat Tag Match over Maryse & Jillian and Gail Kim & Eve. Santino and Kozlov were Special Guest refs.

The Great Kahli was attacked by Nexus backstage.

- The Miz approaches Cena and Hart on possibly joining Team WWE. They ask him if he would actually want to, and he tells them his answer will be on Sunday.

Edge and Chris Jericho vs. John Cena and Bret Hart ended in a no contest as they teamed up to take on Nexus.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I had a mini-markout moment when Edge and Jericho were walking up the ramp, stopped, and then rang back into the ring to take on Nexus.

Big Pete

Referee
Raw Opens with Nexus in the ring. The Mystery GM announces each member of Nexus will compete in 1-1 matches tonight and if any member of Nexus loses they will have to disband from the group.

Wade Barrett def. Chris Jericho via Pinfall

The Hart Dynasty received new tag belts.

Michael Tarver def. Daniel Bryan via pinfall after Miz interfered.

Justin Gabriel def. Randy Orton via count-out. Sheamus interfered.

Skip Shefield and David Otunga def. R-Truth and John Morrison via pinfall.

Alicia Fox, Jillian and Maryse def. Eve, Gail Kim and Melina via pinfall

John Cena def. Darren Young via submission

zombie jesus

Staff member
Now his spear is pretty bad but I saw 2 of the most pathetic looking spears I have ever seen from Edge this week, looked like an old man with a back problem, felt embarrassed for him.

Big Pete

Referee
They've never been good.

That last segment for the show was embarrassing. Almost reminded me of those skits in WWE Smackdown vs. Raw where everything looks extremely artificial.

Bulldog Force

Referee
They've never been good.

That last segment for the show was embarrassing. Almost reminded me of those skits in WWE Smackdown vs. Raw where everything looks extremely artificial.
I found it funny. Everyone just did their finishes one after the other as soon as the previous wrestler complete theirs lol. Found it odd that Orton was the last man standing though!

zombie jesus

Staff member
Anybody see Daniel Bryan this week? Ride of the Valkyries entrance music will take a bit of getting used to if he sticks with it, suits him though.

So what does everyone make of Cena and the Nexus?

I like it, it's making Barrett look even stronger, making him even more hated. I mean the guy has talent, but at the start of the year when he was on NXT nobody thought he'd be the top heel on Raw by the end of it (maybe he's second to Sheamus). It sets up Cena nicely, he can stay face, or turn heel somewhere down the line (for example, at BR he comes in and cleans up Orton, allowing for Barrett to win the belt, then on Raw he admits that he did it because he wanted to, not because he had to). Should help the Nexus story keep its momentum, especially since another guy is gone from the Nexus because of an injury (Tarver).

Chanandalar

Juniors
I like it, it's making Barrett look even stronger, making him even more hated. I mean the guy has talent, but at the start of the year when he was on NXT nobody thought he'd be the top heel on Raw by the end of it (maybe he's second to Sheamus). It sets up Cena nicely, he can stay face, or turn heel somewhere down the line (for example, at BR he comes in and cleans up Orton, allowing for Barrett to win the belt, then on Raw he admits that he did it because he wanted to, not because he had to). Should help the Nexus story keep its momentum, especially since another guy is gone from the Nexus because of an injury (Tarver).

It has potential to be a really big deal.

You could easily have this as next years mania main event. The match at HIAC was best on the card.

And it could easily be with Cena as face or heel, and Barrett with face or heel.

Keep cena face, have Barrett win the title, and Cena win the Royal Rumble, would set up that nice and easy. But I would much rather see Cena and the rest of Nexus turn on Barrett. I doubt they would want to risk it, but it would have potential to be huge.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I love it. Wade Barrett is a superstar, and IMO John Cena is great. He is really doing a great job selling this angle to the crowd.

I really was expecting Cena to lash out at Barrett on RAW this week and then have the GM pardon him or something, but it went in a different direction.

I'm loving this Nexus-WWE angle.

The only problem I have with the Nexus is that I'm smelling a bit of nWo around it. With the McGillibuddies joining up, it seems that the 2nd season guys may come on board more and more. And I'm scared if they bring in anyone from the 3rd season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts