What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs 2015

Parra Pride

Coach
I don't mind Money in the Bank being it's own PPV, it's the next best thing for a world title shot after the Rumble. It's even a better shot at being the champ than the Rumble, with only Sandow failing to cash in, not counting Kennedy of course who never even got to the cash in part.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't mind Money in the Bank being it's own PPV, it's the next best thing for a world title shot after the Rumble. It's even a better shot at being the champ than the Rumble, with only Sandow failing to cash in, not counting Kennedy of course who never even got to the cash in part.

I like MITB as a PPV of its own provided the MITB match is the main event and there aren't a bunch of other ladder matches on the card to take away from its importance.

Couldn't agree more. Gimmick PPV's mean matches that would or should ordinarily be standard wrestling matches get a gimmick for no reason. Gimmicks like HIAC, ladder matches, cage matches etc. should be used sparingly and be part of the natural evolution of a feud. For example, if a heel champ keeps getting themselves counted out or invokes interference, put them in a cage.

Anyways, for a December show which is traditionally lacklustre, this gets a pass mark... barely.

Tag match was great, it was good to see Ambrose go over and the main event actually managed to tell a story post match which should run until mania.

Agree 100%. Gimmick matches used to be feud enders or major selling points. The Hell in the Cell match has completely lost its mystique to me as a result of being used multiple times on a single card at a single PPV, and TLC matches are much the same.

Valheru

Coach

Sorry, but I am over the MiTB concept. It was great for Edge in 05 and RVD at least did something different in 06 by nominating his time and place, but since then (Cena aside), it has been a case of how many different ways can you have a surprise cash in and cheap title change.

The only way the MiTB concept would be palatable to be from here on in is if the winner either got the title shot at summerslam like the rumble/mania setup or they had to choose their place and time with at least 2 weeks notice or something like that.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I wouldn't mind seeing as a condition is that they must give at least 2 hours notice before the match and the card will change to accommodate it.
For example, main event of Night of Champions is Sheamus (champion) vs say Rollins.
Kofi Kingston wins a MTIB match, decides at Night of Champions is his night, he either gets a shot at Sheamus instead of Rollins.

You could then play it off the next year, the same scenario happens, but depending on whos in charge, the MTIB winner could simply be added to the Main event, thus making it a triple threat between Sheamus, Rollins and Kingston

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sorry, but I am over the MiTB concept. It was great for Edge in 05 and RVD at least did something different in 06 by nominating his time and place, but since then (Cena aside), it has been a case of how many different ways can you have a surprise cash in and cheap title change.

The only way the MiTB concept would be palatable to be from here on in is if the winner either got the title shot at summerslam like the rumble/mania setup or they had to choose their place and time with at least 2 weeks notice or something like that.

If you did that, you might as well just kill off the MITB concept and bring back King of the Ring.

I quite like the unpredictability that MITB brings. Sure, it usually ends up the same way, but it also means there's plenty of tension and opportunities to tease a cash in beforehand.

One of my all-time favourite wrestling moments, CM Punk escaping with the belt and 'quitting', was made all the better for having MITB in play.

Man, I wish they hadn't rushed that angle so horribly.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm with ya Valheru.

There are a lot of problems associated with the Money in the Bank. Perhaps the biggest is that it completely undermines the integrity of the championship. This is the biggest prize in the promotion, winning it should feel like a big deal. By turning it into a quasi Hardcore 24/7 belt, it doesn't feel as special and the briefcase holder rarely feels deserving.

In fact, the only guy it truly cemented as a main event star was Edge. The likes of Punk & Bryan had to find alternative paths before they were accepted, and a guy like Rollins was treated as a paper champion.

It's a short-cut and like a lot of gimmicks it's well and truly worn out it's welcome.

A tournament like King of the Ring would be better, but even that had pitfalls. Namely they'd give it to guys like Mabel, Shamrock and Gunn in a desperate attempt to buy them credibility. The fans didn't buy into it and while guys like Angle, Edge and Lesnar did a good job of breathing life into the concept, by then it was too little too late.

WWE's recent booking doesn't help either. It seems like whenever a guy wins the King of the Ring, they get treated like a joke and jobbed out to guys like R-Truth who are nothing but dressing on the card. At this point, it's a dead concept and will remain that way for sometime.