What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Wrestlemania 23 Thread *Includes Spoilers*

Misanthrope

Staff member
Cena wins by submission in a f**king awesome match. f**k the haters, that win was entertaining to watch and full credit to HBK for taking it there. MOTY for mine.

Pumba

First Grade
One Vince McMahon - The Bald Billionaire

Misanthrope

Staff member
Disappointed that we didn't see a cash in, but I guess Kennedy could use more time to build with a feud or two here and there. First off, I'd like to see him beat Edge to give him some real cred.

PARANoIR

Bench
Enjoyable PPV over all.

Say what you will about Cena, but that match was f**king good. One of, if not the best match he's put on.

Misanthrope

Staff member
MITB was pretty good. Perhaps not up to the spotty standard we've become accustomed to due to Benjamin's presence in the last two, but it still had some good moments. Jeff Hardy hit a sick seated senton from the top of a ladder in the ring to Edge lying on a ladder balanced between the ring and security barrier. Both played no further part in the ring, and we'll see if any real damage was done.

Orton hit an RKO on CM Punk from halfway up the ladder, then got a Book End from the same place. Finlay hit a crazy splash. The Hardy Boyz tried to emulate the spot they did on Mercury at Armageddon on Edge, but he avoided it. Edge speared everyone, including CM Punk while he was going whirly-bird with the ladder above his head.

Little Bastard tried to climb the ladder for Finlay but got a Green Bay Plunge from Kennedy from the top of the ladder. Finish saw CM Punk and Kennedy fighting on the ladder before Punk knocked him down with a kick to the head. As he was reaching for it, Kennedy snookered him with a ladder to the jaw and climbed up to win it.

Parra_Eels

Bench
Heres my card review

MITB - Awesome way as always to start WM - that Hardy-Edge spot was just sickening and the Kennedy-Hornswoggle spot was funny. Genuinely thought Punk could do it but I'm happy that Kennedy won.

Khali vs Kane- JR says it best - Bowling shoe ugly

Cryme Tyme skit was pretty funny just for all the old wrestlers that turned up - Trump and Mcmahons skits were bad

Benoit vs MVP - I loved this match the pace and the quality of wrestling at the beginning was astounding and MVP really impressed me however just when it was picking up it just ended like that with the headbutt for some reason - too short

Undertaker vs Batista - My favourite match of the night. I take back anything I thought about how bad this would be because they brought their A game and more - I kind of wish this went last now. Best Batista match in ages and the heat towards the end was tremendous.

ECW Match - Blah - nothing special

Hair vs Hair - Not as good as I thought it would be but was still funny - especially Trumps tackle on Vince. Nice comedy match to make the crowd cheer and laugh and Vinces facial expressions during the shaving - priceless

Womens Match - Went to the toilet

Cena vs Michaels - Disappointed is what I am with this match. This had so much potential to be an absolute classic but instead was bogged down with a horrendously slow early to middle part. I marked out big time for the pildriver bit . what I don't understand is how Cena almost regressed in the ring by only using about 6 moves and that was it - I thought he had improved beyond that as seen in his Umaga matches but he disappointed me. Shattered that HBK lost and once again Wrestlemania ends with the "face" receving a weird reaction.

Overall I'd say it wasn't as good as last year but it wasn't horrible.

Parra_Eels

Bench
Also me and my mates were hanging out badly for Kennedy to cash in at the end but to no avail. No Cena heel turn sucked and his entrance was pretty wtf.

langpark

First Grade
cheers guys, wish i could of watched it.

And yea, Vince's acting is so sh*t that he's hilarious! Happy with those results, especially Taker and Kennedy. I wonder if Kennedy is becoming too 'liked' to stay a heel?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Got to disagree with you on two points:

a). The New Breed vs. Originals match was on track to be a shock MOTN until it's abrupt end. Another ten minutes and it would have been gold.
b). How can you not have liked the Cena/HBK match? MOTY for mine. Scary when Cena has two of the top three.

PARANoIR

Bench
I agree, the ECW match was surprisingly good. Tommy did a good job carrying it through the middle, the couple of Sabu/Sandman spots were nice and RVD looked awesome towards the end.

Man, I hope he re-signs.

Raider_69

Post Whore
terrible mania
main event was ordinary imo, cena no selling the leg after one offense... pathetic!

Parra_Eels

Bench
I just didn't like it because it was too slow that middle 10 minutes. I forgot that HBK worked on his knee the whole time because Cena didn't sell it at all the last 10, the commentators are going on about how hard the FU will be and the he picks HBk up about 5 times. Entrance was pretty lame as well. Batista-Undertaker I felt was the better match.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Give credit to Cena. He got busted open hardway and probably spent most of that match only semi-coherent. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up a concussion.

Parra_Eels

Bench
Yes but tonight we saw the reurn of a 5 moves of doom match that was all he did in 2005. I mean having the belt 20 of 24 months is just too ridiculous to comprehend especially considering that the person who holds the WWE title should be at the top of their game and deserving - It's ridiculous to think that somone has to learn to wrestle better when they are the freakin champion - and he still gets booed. Turn him heel now.

Latest posts