What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wWho would you rather sign for 5 years, SBW or Dave Taylor

Dazzat

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
Yeah ok, because of what you've seen in the Queensland Cup you can now safely say that Dave Taylor is a better offloader than the best in the world :roll:

Disagree about the work rate as imo SBW is one of the keenest, most all-action players around, but each to his own

Ever heard of such a thing as potential? It's seeing something in someone before it's actually matured. That's what I'm talking about, which if you read my post I agree that SBW has more experience in NRL. Anyone can look at a player and rate him on current performance ...

And I'm not talking about work-rate ... I'm talking about body language. SBW has a casual air about him. Dave Taylor seems to show more energy on the field.

Nathan B

Juniors
Dazzat said:
And I'm not talking about work-rate ... I'm talking about body language. SBW has a casual air about him. Dave Taylor seems to show more energy on the field.

Yeah, that must be tough when you're averaging about 29 minutes per game.

How about you start comparing apples with apples?

Sonny is averaging 65 minutes a game this year. Let's see how much energy Dave Taylor shows when he's doing that. Actually, I doubt Taylor will ever average 65 minutes per game.

salivor

First Grade
Nathan B said:
Sonny is averaging 65 minutes a game this year. Let's see how much energy Dave Taylor shows when he's doing that. Actually, I doubt Taylor will ever average 65 minutes per game.

And why? Because he's a prop. The whole concept of this thread was ridiculous right from the start comparing a prop to a second rower, a lean body type to a brick sh*thouse and a player in his 4th season to a bloke with half a season under his belt.

Nathan B

Juniors
salivor said:
And why? Because he's a prop. The whole concept of this thread was ridiculous right from the start comparing a prop to a second rower, a lean body type to a brick sh*thouse and a player in his 4th season to a bloke with half a season under his belt.

Totally agree.

Sonny is absolutely one of the top players in the game. Ridiculous comparison to start with.

I hope for you guys that Taylor lives up to his obvious potential.

gcbronco

Juniors
Sounds similar to the assessment Gould made on Tallis when the ARL were making him an offer at the Dragons during the Superleague saga when the two sides were in a race to sign players, on the lines of your only a bench player who can't make the run on side why should we pay you the same as a SOO player (even though he had played and was becoming one). What he couldn't see is the role he was used in to provide the side and that Brian Smith used him there to provide the side with extreme impact from the bench, using him for long periods in that role would have just burnt him out early on.

Taylor may not get a lot of game time but its purposely done to provide impact, to not burn him out and to get him experience, more game time will come and thats to be expected how big of a unit he is, some people seem to have unrealistic expectations on him so early on.

Williams and Taylor are two very different different players and I'm with Salivor on this one it was a poor thread right from the start to compare the two, their roles in their respective sides are completely different, what makes Bronco supporters so excited about him is that his he not only has the potential to be an outstanding prop but he also has the potential to provide areas from a prop in our side we haven't seen before like his ballskills and his surprising speed.

Latest posts