What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wyndham City Chargers defect?

joshreading

Staff member
I have heard that the Chargers Junior Rugby League team in Melbourne have defected en masse to Union.

Anyone know the truth????

Freeze

Juniors
Yes The Club decided to switch to union this year. :evil: :evil:

Although my son played under 8 with them last year we have received absolutly NO info about the switch which is not surprising as my understanding is that the youngest team they will field is under 13 so all the under 10 and under 8 kids have been abandoned.

This year my son and some of the other kids will be traveling to Altona to play with the roosters.

WE ARE NOT HAPPY JAN :evil: :evil:

joshreading

Staff member
Why don't you get some of the Parents of the Under Eights and start a new club. I know it might sound difficult but I am sure with the New Development officers they would help.

Was there any meetings or consultation? is it because Drummond got kicked off MJRL?

joshreading

Staff member
Ean Drummond was th President of the MJRL and it seems that because he is no longer he takes his club out of Rugby League. He is on many pages pushing Rugby League and then jumps, what is up?

Parents should be jumping up and down trying to get the VRL and Melbourne Storm to help to help in re-establishing a club even if it were as such a side arm to say the Altona Roosters. Why couldn't a new Wyndham City Chargers Rugby LEAGUE club come under the Roosters and play out of Glen Lazarus Field.

DIEHARD

----
This is terrible news. It seems very underhanded and selfish. I hope something can be done to mend the damage.