What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wyong cuts ties with the Roosters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Heard this rumour doing the traps a few weeks back, not surprised it's been confirmed. Wonder what it means for the Roosters' CC strategy now.

rightleftin

Juniors
Wyong entered the ISP as a standalone team and after a tough first season, made the last 6 in the following season, before the Roosters got involved. It looks like money has become an issue.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Now raises the question who the Roosters choose to align with next. Newtown, their former 'alliance,' is linked to Cronulla on a good deal.

rightleftin

Juniors
Now raises the question who the Roosters choose to align with next. Newtown, their former 'alliance,' is linked to Cronulla on a good deal.

Cronulla have only committed to Newtown for 2018 at this stage. They talked with Cabramatta before extending for 12 months.

kbw

Bench
That is interesting/ I hope it doesn't impact the relationship with the juniors, a very separate entity.
I wonder what the Roosters will do for the ISP

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That is interesting/ I hope it doesn't impact the relationship with the juniors, a very separate entity.
I wonder what the Roosters will do for the ISP
They'll likely just align back to their own identity ala Flegg.

More interesting is where they'll play given their juniors mostly utilise Henson Park.

Haffa

Perhaps Woy Woy could enter a team again. Easts group bought out Woy Woy a couple of years ago.

siv

First Grade
Woy Woy Erina Ourimbah and The Entrance only played at Jim Bean Cup level when second division was re-launched

That year Wyong went to Newcastle before joining NSW Cup

kbw

Bench
They'll likely just align back to their own identity ala Flegg.

More interesting is where they'll play given their juniors mostly utilise Henson Park.

Only the Reps and Development sides use Henson for game days. Thats been the case for years when the Roosters had a relationship with Newtown and when they didn't. I don't think it will change (famous last words) :)

I remember speaking to Woy Woy officials a couple of years ago at a training course, that detested the competitions outside of the Central coast as they hated travelling

Choppy182

Juniors
Cronulla confirmed relationship with Newtown was extended for the 2018 season, expect them to cut ties for 2019 allowing Roosters to take over you would think.

paulmac

Juniors
Cronulla confirmed relationship with Newtown was extended for the 2018 season, expect them to cut ties for 2019 allowing Roosters to take over you would think.
I heard that Souths were keen to have their own NSW Cup & Flegg Sides,perhaps Norths might become an option for the Roosters.

kbw

Bench
I heard that Souths were keen to have their own NSW Cup & Flegg Sides,perhaps Norths might become an option for the Roosters.

considering Souths have been trying for a few years to get rid of their 20s I doubt that.
I know a lot of old souths fans are disappointed that they don't have those teams, the fools running the ship don't want it

kbw

Bench
After speaking to some people this weekend I concede that Souths are now looking to bring back the NSW cup and Flegg sides.

I still don't think the management are keen, but the backlash has been quite large and they are doing it under pressure.

But its good they are doing it