What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox smartglass

***MH***

Bench
The latest Xbox dashboard update has resulted in some huge changes. Smartglass and Internet Explorer have now been released. I'm typing this in smartglass as we speak. a lot easier than the click and point virtual on screen keyboard. the keyboard works in all applications which is good but the best use of this is being able to use your touchscreen as a mouse.

also, using this from my HTC one
xl android smartphone, I don't have to go out and get a windows phone.

other big inclusions are NBA tv and MLB tv. This is something that I hope the NRL consider. The NBA application is amazing.

the dashboard has a Windows 8 look to it, perhaps its their way of transitioning those PC users who are used to Desktop.

MattYg1

Bench
The latest Xbox dashboard update has resulted in some huge changes. Smartglass and Internet Explorer have now been released. I'm typing this in smartglass as we speak. a lot easier than the click and point virtual on screen keyboard. the keyboard works in all applications which is good but the best use of this is being able to use your touchscreen as a mouse.

also, using this from my HTC one
xl android smartphone, I don't have to go out and get a windows phone.

other big inclusions are NBA tv and MLB tv. This is something that I hope the NRL consider. The NBA application is amazing.

the dashboard has a Windows 8 look to it, perhaps its their way of transitioning those PC users who are used to Desktop.

I am guessing that NBATV access is xbox gold subscription only?

user_nat

Coach
I've been using SmartGlass on my PC with Forza Horizon, which basically acts as a GPS.

Hopefully the iPad version supports the same thing when it comes out (if ever), because that would be a more useful form factor.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I've been using SmartGlass on my PC with Forza Horizon, which basically acts as a GPS.

Hopefully the iPad version supports the same thing when it comes out (if ever), because that would be a more useful form factor.

It works on a nexus 7 tablet, for some reason they've only said it's compatible with ICS devices so far. But working fine on my Jelly Bean tablet. Obviously not an ipad though ;-)

Wouldn't surprise me if the iOS version was less functional in some way, too much politics and loops they need to jump through with those two companies.

It works on a nexus 7 tablet, for some reason they've only said it's compatible with ICS devices so far. But working fine on my Jelly Bean tablet. Obviously not an ipad though ;-)

Wouldn't surprise me if the iOS version was less functional in some way, too much politics and loops they need to jump through with those two companies.

Little off topic, how do you find the Nexus 7?

I'm really tossing up between that or waiting a little bit for the Nexus 10. There is even a little rational voice in the back of my head that says I don't need a tablet, but when myself and the gf sit down to watch TV, it would be nice to flick it on and so some youtubing when she has to watch some H/A or other crap.

Don't think I'd be going any where with it either, so that's a point for the larger screen.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Little off topic, how do you find the Nexus 7?

I'm really tossing up between that or waiting a little bit for the Nexus 10. There is even a little rational voice in the back of my head that says I don't need a tablet, but when myself and the gf sit down to watch TV, it would be nice to flick it on and so some youtubing when she has to watch some H/A or other crap.

Don't think I'd be going any where with it either, so that's a point for the larger screen.

It's an awesome little tablet, I've done the ipad thing, I personally prefer the 7 inch form factor over 10 inches. If you do a bit of ebook reading, it's much lighter and easier to hold in 1 hand. The nexus 10 has some awesome specs though, I probably couldn't justify the upgrade as the 7 handles everything I throw at it.

Screen and touch sensitivity is as good as any ipad I've used. Fits in my pocket, never feels too small, and I find it great using a usb otg cable being able to plug in an external hard drive for movies or control my dslr camera with it. I travel a bit for work, so it's much better.

You can even run xbmc on it pretty well, so if you've got a network share with videos, you can view them over the network with ease... If the missus is watching something on tv, I'll just flick it on with some headphones.

Personally I think the 10 inch tablet market will die down once people begin to see the versatility of the 7 inch. The difference between using a 10 inch and a laptop really isn't that much.

^ Cheers mate.

I guess I could get the 7 inch, and put the extra money towards a chrome-book. Would love to use the 10 in the flesh. Those specs are pretty awesome for that price.

Choices choices choices

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I can't view that link atm.. can you give me a run down of what it says please?

$40/month for all 30 teams, all matches.
$27/month for all the games of any 5 teams of your choosing.

Both packages include both live and on demand telecasts, with stats and 720p