What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Lemon Squash

First Grade
If anyone has a couple of hours to spare, on the Matty Johns podcast this week his special guest was Craig Johnston, what an amazing man and story.

Foz

Bench
If anyone has a couple of hours to spare, on the Matty Johns podcast this week his special guest was Craig Johnston, what an amazing man and story.
I bought his book a number of years ago now.
Got the impression King Kenny was a great influence on him.
Will try to listen to the Johns podcast.
Can only guess they’ll be talking about their love of Newcastle(Australia).
Is he Australia’s greatest ever player?(can’t remember if he ever played for Australia at senior level).Weird comment given Cahills history for Australia but Johnston’s honour board in the EPL would dwarf Cahills.

cb4

First Grade
Ox re-signs long term.
Anfield road end will be extended.
Rumours we have signed the biggest kit deal in the Prem with Nike.

thorson1987

Coach
Alisson CL goalkeeper of the year, Van Dijk UCL defender of the year and also took out UEFA player of the year.

Along with a pretty good UCL draw for us all in all a good night in Monaco.

cb4

First Grade
Some interesting stats:

2 and a half years unbeaten at Anfield.
The 21 minutes we were behind were the longest since going down 1-0 to Leicester 2 seasons ago.
100 minutes behind at Anfield since the start of 17/18.
Mo Salah and Andy Robertson have never lost at home in the Prem.

Reactions: Foz

Foz

Bench
Some interesting stats:

2 and a half years unbeaten at Anfield.
The 21 minutes we were behind were the longest since going down 1-0 to Leicester 2 seasons ago.
100 minutes behind at Anfield since the start of 17/18.
Mo Salah and Andy Robertson have never lost at home in the Prem.
Heard the commentator say Mane has never lost at Anfield during the Newcastle game.
Think he said he even drew when he visited with his previous side(was it Southampton?)

HowHigh

Coach
Well that definitely wasn't our best game, a lot of missed chances and too many wayward passes
Thought we were lucky to get the 3 points but we'll take it
7 from 7 f**k yeah

cb4

First Grade
Well that definitely wasn't our best game, a lot of missed chances and too many wayward passes
7 from 7 f**k yeah
These are the games you have to win though.
Last year we had 7 draws in situations like that which cost us in the end.

Looks like I will be in England for the City game, tickets for that will be rare as rocking horse shit but I will try.
I will be there for the BHA game though.

thorson1987

Coach
Well that was a little too close for comfort.

Brilliant first 36 minutes to go up 3-0 only for the next half hour to be a mess for Salzburg to get back to 3-3.

saint.nick

Coach
7 from 7 f**k yeah
The prevailing idea that we were lucky is just completely wrong - we missed 3 separate clear cut chances and should've had a stonewall penalty. But people act like it was a flukey smash and grab when clearly it wasn't.

HowHigh

Coach
The prevailing idea that we were lucky is just completely wrong - we missed 3 separate clear cut chances and should've had a stonewall penalty. But people act like it was a flukey smash and grab when clearly it wasn't.
Completely wrong?
Get your blinders off, they had some chances too

saint.nick

Coach
Completely wrong?
Get your blinders off, they had some chances too
Sorry, but yes, you are completely wrong.

Last season, Liverpool and City each created 3 or more clear cut chances in only something like seven away games. Liverpool created 3 gloriously huge chances against Sheffield, should've had a penalty on top of that, yet you're trying to tell me that Liverpool were lucky and I have blinders on just because Sheffield huffed and puffed and made Liverpool's life a bit difficult? I'm sorry but that's absolute rubbish.

Making a big team work really hard and mustering some half-chance shots on target doesn't mean you were unlucky and deserved a point. Liverpool were the clearly superior team.