What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HevyDevy

Coach
It's time to go ... Rafa Benitez.

I realise the squad this year is sub-standard and I can occasionally cop a bad performance, but with five games remaining in the season and scores locked at 1-1, you don't bench Fernando Torres.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Rafa did what now?! I thought Sir Alex buggered up by not starting Nani, but seriously, he benched Torres? That's a whole new level of buggering up (unless he picked up an injury)!

Foz

Bench
They should have buried at least 3 chances in the last 20 minutes too.I'm sure Torres would of done better but nothing was happening so Rafa had to do something.Benching Torres wasnt on my list though.
Maybe he was injured(it was only 2 days since the Benfica game and he does have to back up again for 2 games next weekend).
If we dont progress through the Europa league this week surely Rafa has to go.

fish eel

Immortal
It's time to go ... Rafa Benitez.

I realise the squad this year is sub-standard and I can occasionally cop a bad performance, but with five games remaining in the season and scores locked at 1-1, you don't bench Fernando Torres.

I thought it was all the owners fault?

Seriously though, Rafa has pissed so much money away on poor signings it's not funny.

Knightmare

Coach
I give Rafa until half-way through next season. See how progress is and if it's more of the same then it's time to start looking for a new manager. He really shouldn't have made a public "guarantee" late last year about Liverpool finishing top 4 though. For someone who usually guards his words and emotions well, it was a silly think to say. Finding a new manager isn't something the club should rush into, otherwise you become like Chel$ki or Fake Madrid who change staff like toilet rolls and you don't get the long-term stability that teams like Manure or the Gooners have. Finding a good manager who looks like a strong candidate to continue/ build a dynasty at a team is something that needs careful consideration and balancing of the facts, and very little emotion behind it.

Personally I'd like a manager who attracts a few more big name players to the club and isn't afraid to get rid of the pedestrians in the squad. A manager who can bring consistency to Liverpool, something which cost them the title last season. A manager who knows how to win in Europe/ get the team to rise for big matches would be very handy as well.

Ridders

Coach
I don't think the Special One would be too interested in Liverpool. There are far more enticing openings (possibly) i.e. Real, Chelsea, even United down the track.

You know what's amazing? Despite his injury ravaged season, Torres is still well on pace to again bang in 20 league goals. Currently on 18 goals from 22 EPL games.

Phenomenal stuff given the stop-start nature of his season.

The Tank

Bench
I give Rafa until half-way through next season. See how progress is and if it's more of the same then it's time to start looking for a new manager. He really shouldn't have made a public "guarantee" late last year about Liverpool finishing top 4 though. For someone who usually guards his words and emotions well, it was a silly think to say. Finding a new manager isn't something the club should rush into, otherwise you become like Chel$ki or Fake Madrid who change staff like toilet rolls and you don't get the long-term stability that teams like Manure or the Gooners have. Finding a good manager who looks like a strong candidate to continue/ build a dynasty at a team is something that needs careful consideration and balancing of the facts, and very little emotion behind it.

:roll: What? A club that challenges for titles? Keep your stability and have fun in the Europa League. We'll concentrate on challenging for titles.

Knightmare

Coach
With the amount of money Roman has pumped into the team, Chel$ki should have won at least one Champions League cup by now, and a title less than 4 years ago (that may change soon though unless they fall over in a heap). Constant quick-fixes, band-aid solutions and high staff turnover are not the things you build a dynasty on.

The Tank

Bench
Don't get me wrong - I personally wish we'd stuck with the Special One forever and ever. But Scolari was a dud and Hiddink was temp. Avram did well and it was harsh to cut him but it was hard to go from the charisma of Jose to a man that looked as though he'd just sat up out of a grave.

And we may not have won the CL or the league for a few seasons but, for the most part, we've the been thereabouts - and that's all we can ask really. An FA Cup helped fend off the masses aswell. I still don't think we'll win the league this year but Carlo seems like a great fit for Chelsea... having said that if Jose wants back him I'd drop Carlo is a sec!

WireMan

Bench
Don't get me wrong - I personally wish we'd stuck with the Special One forever and ever. But Scolari was a dud and Hiddink was temp. Avram did well and it was harsh to cut him but it was hard to go from the charisma of Jose to a man that looked as though he'd just sat up out of a grave.

And we may not have won the CL or the league for a few seasons but, for the most part, we've the been thereabouts - and that's all we can ask really. An FA Cup helped fend off the masses aswell. I still don't think we'll win the league this year but Carlo seems like a great fit for Chelsea... having said that if Jose wants back him I'd drop Carlo is a sec!

Jose is coming to United.. ;-)

Anyway back to the scousers, Torres is under a lot of pressure and was probably rushed back to early from previous injuries. That and playing in a faster more competitive league hasn't helped his recovery.

He'll be playing back in Spain next year, Rafa will be in Italy.

Foz

Bench
I noticed this morning Kuyt played up front until he went off injured.
Didnt inspire anything in the first half.
Looked like Babel led the line in the second half and we did net 4.
We are very very skinny up front though.
Another start for the Aquaman and yet another performance we scored 3 or more (even without a real striker).
Is it that he only seems to start against the lower sides or that we attack better with him on the pitch?
No doubt Rafa will still start Lucas ahead of him in the Europa semi this week.
Good news is we may be getting new owners.(finally).

Jason Maher

Immortal
Righto, tough beat this morning lads (believe me, I know exactly how you feel), but you have to pick yourselves up and take your frustration out on Chel$ki, ok? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts