What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ye Olde Washup

shaggs

Coach
Well, that game sums up the sharks season. Nearly, almost, close.

That is the 5th game this year we have lost because of goal kicking. Places us 3rd.

There is a lot to like in this team, but gee there is some ordinary. The fading in and out of games. I believe a symptom of theirs team not having an identity. Are we tough, are we flashy??

The middle forwards have been proving game in game that they cannot be tough and strong for 80.

Are the skill levels across the squad, at NRL standard?? Did the focus on basic skills get put aside for toughness and basic play??

Let’s get to the players.

1. Dugan- tough and mistake free. Disappointed to lose him. Left a big hole. 5/5
2. Katoa- go forward young man. So much spinning. 4/10
3. Xerri- we all know what he can do, but the kid needs to go sniffing around the ruck. Spend the off season learning to read attack and bring it up to a better standard. 5/10
4. Morris- thank f**k he played. Quality in all positions 9/10, sharks best
5. Mulitalio- for a 19 year old, I like a lot of what he does. 8/10
20. Flanagan- ordinary. Added nothing in attack. More focussed on dirty shit in tackles. Appalling goal kicking 2/10
7. Chad- the bloke is an enigma. A few good things, a few shit things. Kicking in general play looks awkward and forced. Mostly straight tho the man, but then comes and kicks 2 field goals to keep us In it.??? Most disappointing was his defence. Usually a strong point but not today. 5/10
8. Woods- I’m not sold on him. Looked sluggish and meh today 4/10
9. Brailey- good luck Newcastle. His passing is absolute shit. 1 good run from dummy half. Defence was ok, but needs more go about him. Lacks the skill set. 5/10
10. Prior- smashed a few blokes and looked young again. 6/10
11. Nikora- needs to spend the off season. With Lewis. Add some tricks to his bag. Learn some defensive reads. 6/10
12. Graham- for a guy of his rep, he was missing for most of the game. Disappointing display. 4/10
13. Gallen- work hard as usual 7/10

14. Capewell- filled the holes and did what was needed. 6/10
15. TPP- more good than bad, but a couple of errors at crucial time. Defensively the middle wasn’t great. 6/10
16. Fifita- went forward when he wanted to. Flopped around after each tackle. Get up and play it you big unit. 6/10
17. Bakuya- has he qualified for the reserve grade semis?? Ordinary 4/10

carcharias

Immortal
Geeze got a post deleted for
Not mentioning a bloke by name I have on ignore

Ha
Seriously.

carcharias

Immortal
It’s rigged mate

Just ban the cock smoker
They fuggen let him start the same shit over and over then cry when people reply to it.

I put the merkin on ignore for the good of the forum.

All I see is people replying to him about the same shit.

snout

First Grade
Very courageous effort.

Played a full strength side who many tip can win the GF.

Great defence today. Played tough but injuries to SJ. Duges and Wade at crucial times tore us down - but the guys just kept getting back up.

Beat by a field goal when we scored more tries is downright cruel.

Plus a disrupted prep with moylan dicking us around with will l play or wont l play all week when he had no intention. Hes a strange cat. I think hes scared.
And then SJ in the warm up.
Seriously??

Morris has to make a serious call here because if we go into 2020 with these 2 flat tyres we deserve all we get.

Plus we could just not build pressure with Chads kicking game. Everything is built off disjointed play as he cannot get consistency to build a platform.

snout

First Grade
I dont blame flanaghan.

He knows hes not wanted.
We would be the last team he wants to win it this year.

He is stuck behind two prima donnas.
At least the kid turns up and has a dig.
Drove a sneaky knee into that grub lodges forehead.

Moylan and johnson have played a huge part in our derailment.
Moylan has no ticker.
None.
Not a beat.
Cat.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I dont blame flanaghan.

He knows hes not wanted.
We would be the last team he wants to win it this year.

He is stuck behind two prima donnas.
At least the kid turns up and has a dig.
Drove a sneaky knee into that grub lodges forehead.

Moylan and johnson have played a huge part in our derailment.
Moylan has no ticker.
None.
Not a beat.
Cat.

I seem to recall getting lambasted for being extremely critical and unhappy when Mythlan signed.

Who's unhappy now?

Everyone, just about

He is Felix Mk II

snout

First Grade
I was the flip side.

I saw what he did at the riff at fullback.

But something aint right. It went bad when he was made skipper and lost the plot and wouldn't talk to the coach.

Seems like we have inherited this shit.

On a squillion amd cant be bothered to catch the ball?
That right there is an insight to larger issues.
Seems he doesnt want to play.
My hamstrings tight.
I felt it.
Im coming off.
Rule me out for the next 4 weeks.
But lm still a chance every week.
So dont think lm not interested.

snout

First Grade
If flanaghan kicked a goal today the whole game changes.
14 nil at halftime.

Sezer doesnt go for the 1 point at 12 all.
They go for the try.
We had no 2nd half tries in us so the field goals were keeping us in it

sharknows

Bench
I think he’s had genuine injuries & lost his confidence. Hopefully a good off season can get him right. In saying that I am concerned about his commitment to put his body on the line.

chewsta

First Grade
I blame the Jersey, It was horrendous. Up there with that yellow piece of shit we trotted out against Manly.
It could have been so much better for the great man.

I also think Duges not returning for the second half was a massive blow. He was going good. what happened to him anyway? I was in a pub watching it and couldn't hear anything.

Quigs

Immortal
You watch a top side and the way they set up for field goals at certain times in their game plans and then ............ you watch a Sharks set up for a field goal attempt. It is always 'shit is this what I should be doing" Stand where... what ....... who ... no you......

=====================================

You watch a top side and the way they prepare for a short kick off or short resumption of play at certain times in their game plans and then ............ you watch a Sharks get ready to received or regain possession from a short kick off or resumption kick. It is always 'shit is this what I should be doing" Stand where... what ....... who ... no you......

=====================================

Sharks have been like it for years and nobody has done fhark all about it.

If you get a chance to watch the Donks field winning field goal from the other night. At the play the ball Dariarse runs up and stand two metres in line with the bloke playing the ball and shoulders any defenders attempting to run at the bloke receiving the pill and about to have a field goal attempt. They are trained to do that .... it is done like clockwork.

Same with short kickoffs. You put your gun catcher in where the kick is likely to go. The others are trained to get in and protect him. Then you have the cleaner uppers hovering just behind the catcher in case he knocks it back. ............ Our blokes it is a lottery. Every fharken time.

When Chadley was kicking our field goals the commentators were going off about how shallow he was standing. Had no room and from what I could see had fharkkk all protection.

But when it boils down if we get there we will only be making up the numbers. We don't deserve jack shit really. The season was blown out months ago.

Latest posts